Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-20-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Neteller account hacked (xpost)

yash- are you trying to imply something?

sublime- yes, this was very eye opening for me as well. i thought i did a good job of protecting myself, too.

evan- thanks, i will be getting that asap.

all- regarding wireless- would it be possible just to get my passwords over an unprotected wireless source without giving my computer a virus? i am going to call linksys support and ask them to help me set up my wireless router to highest possible security. should i feel comfortable with that?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:58 PM

i dont think he was, but flame him anyways.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:11 PM

I got hit for 5K about 2 years ago thanks to a keylogger.

Nasty buggers.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

sublime- yes, this was very eye opening for me as well. i thought i did a good job of protecting myself, too.

all- regarding wireless- would it be possible just to get my passwords over an unprotected wireless source without giving my computer a virus? i am going to call linksys support and ask them to help me set up my wireless router to highest possible security. should i feel comfortable with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technology is a dangerous thing in the hands of someone who is ignorant about what they are using. It wasnt a virus, basically what you setup allws anyone with a laptop to drive by your house and monitor every and anythign that happens on any of your computers/network.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Technology is a dangerous thing in the hands of someone who is ignorant about what they are using. It wasnt a virus, basically what you setup allws anyone with a laptop to drive by your house and monitor every and anythign that happens on any of your computers/network.

[/ QUOTE ]
How hard is it for someone driving by to decode encrypted information?
Old 12-20-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if it matters if they have a convertable or not
Old 12-20-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depending on what kind of setup you want to go with, anywhere from trivial to impossible. my advice dont listen to dlink, and do your own research.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:09 PM

Is that roboform thing with the USB thingy really as sweet as it sounds? Then again if they get ahold of that couldn't they get ahold of everything related to your computer?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that roboform thing with the USB thingy really as sweet as it sounds? Then again if they get ahold of that couldn't they get ahold of everything related to your computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

what would be the benefits of getting the USB thing? it costs more, why? i have no idea about this stuff. i suppose you could use it and then have all your passwords on any computer.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Waitaminute - someone hacked into your neteller and deposited $1000?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am looking around to try to download the mytob virus as we speak!

~D