Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 07:04 AM

Default I CAPPED AJs MULTIWAY!

been here for 40 or so hands, but table was pretty loose. sb seem like your avg tight player, bb was a maniac and would constantly raise any 2 cards and keep the agression with anything. utg+2 was also very loose but doesnt get too creative postflop. nothing on mp3. CO was also very loose (called me down w/K-high once). comments on flop thru river plz besides playin it like a girl.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

so bb reraises, obvious no brainer to cap it.

Flop: (24.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

didnt have time to really think about it because i had action on another table, but saw it would have been hard to protect here.

Turn: (16.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

i know had bb beat, but i was confused over the donkin by sb

River: (25.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 31.50 BB.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: I CAPPED AJs MULTIWAY!

Congrats on your winning a nice pot. I don't think this hand is especially interesting though. Maybe you can 3-bet the river?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:25 AM

What were you thinking on the turn and river? I'd be capping both. SB could easily have a worse Jack that you are killing and BB wants bets in the pot cause hes retarded. Get more bets in there.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:51 AM

grunch
I guess the no brainer part of the cap preflop is that you have equity enough to build the pot if your nut flush draw hits?
For the rest if it, I would guess that SB held a pair of 4:s,BB I don't have a clue.
I would have played it the same and would expect to loose to a full house
Old 12-18-2005, 07:51 AM

3-bet the flop. Goto to war on the other steets. If you lose that is just the way it goes.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:57 AM

*grunch*
Tight player is calling from SB with many callers. Sounds like suited connectors/AQo/any pair. Obviously SB has you beaten on the flop and I question your coldcall on flop. There are MANY players behind you and it can be 3-bet. If SB has three of a kind you have about 1.5 outs (backdoor flush draw) to beat him. I don't know if we are excited on turn or river because SB is tight and is betting all the way which means he could now have a boat. I'd fold the flop.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:43 AM

*grunch

I don't like the pre-flop cap.

Flop is okay I guess?

Why didn't you cap turn and river????

I guess you don't like money?
Old 12-18-2005, 08:51 AM

Grunch:

I see no reason to cap it preflop. Call his 3-bet. Now that you hit TPTK 3-bet it, don't just call behind. But ok, you explained why [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] From the turn and forward I cap every street.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:09 PM

Perfect flop, perfect turn...take advantage of it and pump that [censored]. The pots already massive, and theres really no way youre behind
Old 12-18-2005, 12:39 PM

I whould make 3 bets on flop to know SB reaction and to pay the high price for the hands such as 99, TT, KJ, QJ, etc., if capped by SB, I would fold on turn unimproved.
When J comes on turn I whould rraise and just called the river, if the turn had been capped.