Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Online situation: results and questions...

Ok, many read/responded to my internet bitching post when I whined like a little pussy. I thank you all for your responses/thoughts.

Yesterday, I asked my parents about the internet poker thing. My parents never approved, as I did not expect them to. They are strong christians, and they do not think that gambling is a morally just way to make money. I let them know that I was playing online through a friend's account, and was asking their consent to make my own account and deposit my own money.

Well, my father said I would get no help from them. My mother said that if I were to go through with this, she would rather not know about it. I told them that although I wanted their approval, I would still play through either a friend or in the future, my own account. They understood that they could not stop me.

Ok, so, as my plan stands, I want to transfer my $200 from my friend's account to my netteller (which was set up yesterday), and add it to the $200 I deposited, thus making $400 to deposit into party. I plan on transfering the $200 from my friend's account into my neteller and putting all $400 into a party account.

What is the best way to execute this plan? I have the $200 in my netteller and am currently awaiting my money in my friend's account. I want to make the most of a bonus from party, so any advice would be appreciated. Can I transfer the entire thing? A friend said that I could only transfer 1/2 of my netteller account. Also, when should rakeback/pokertracker/all that good stuff be enacted?

I'll probobly post some more questions in a bit, but for now, I'll leave this here. Should I x-post this in the internet forum? would they be more help? I just feel as if 95% of my posts come here, so I am more familiar to most of you.

Thanks for your guy's help, I really appreciate it. Any comments/replies/advice would be great.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Online situation: results and questions...

There is no RB on party, which sucks. PT you can get whenever you would like. I personally think IGM pay is easier than neteller, but to each his own. In your shoes, I would cash out what I have in party, deposit the check in my account, and then set up IGM. IGM takes straight to and from your account, which is cool, and there are no fees like neteller.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:13 PM

i'm pretty sure you mean "a friend said i could only transfer have of my party account"... you said neteller... i know the party interaccount transfers only let you transfer half of the money you have in your account... i guess this prevents money laundering or something... there is no limit on how much you transfer between neteller accounts.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:20 PM

For sites that allow rakeback: If you want rakeback you need to do it as you are signing up for the account. Usually you get rakeback from an affiliate so you need to sign up under an affiliate. Although there are a few places where you can get rakeback directly from the poker site.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:51 PM

Yeah, crosspost to the Zoo. Cuz I could be wrong.

Neteller charges 2% for member-to-member transfers. The cheapest transfer would be in Party itself. If you can only transfer half of the money in Party, then Party-to-Party half of it, withdraw the rest, then Neteller-transfer the remainder. Unless $2 doesn't matter that much to you atm.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:11 PM

There is a thing about christian parents where you almost exepect a huge lecture, them telling you not to do it, that kind of stuff. Instead they told you where they stood, did not compromise their values, and yet did not try and control you. As a parent myself I like what they did.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:45 PM

I'd recommend setting up both IGM and neteller. Both can be linked to your bank account and neteller transactions are fast, 2-6 hrs typically for party. IGM takes longer. Use neteller for your first transfer then later you can get another IGM bonus. Try to make your initial party deposit as large as possible to get as much of the 20% bonus as possible.

Check out bonuswhores.com and read their 101 section. Even if you don't want to hit all the smaller sites the info on party and other relatively easy bonus is very helpful.

Your roll is small so I'd 2 table through the first bonus then use that for getting PT.

And don't forget to plug in the luckbox when you play. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]