Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Wilderness Survival

We are human beings! We have lived for Millenia outside. I think the a person of moderate intelligence could last for years in the wilderness, no problem. With my knife I would make spears and learn to hunt.

The tough part would be harnessing the power of fire. Once we got fire down the rest would be cake.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are human beings! We have lived for Millenia outside. I think the a person of moderate intelligence could last for years in the wilderness, no problem. With my knife I would make spears and learn to hunt.

The tough part would be harnessing the power of fire. Once we got fire down the rest would be cake.

[/ QUOTE ]
we're talking about one person untrained in wilderness survival and without others to assist him/her. most people can't even build a decent fire.

furthermore, if you, an unadapted human, ever go walking in the woods, you will never see, let alone hunt, wildlife, because they will avoid you. you are too damn loud and smelly.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:47 PM

What's an average person? I'm trying to picture this, but have trouble. Guy or girl? Average American or average human being? What if any food sources exist? I wouldn't imagine that many would die before day 3 but quite a few people should be able to live indefinitely if they've got a source of food and water.

I have some limited wilderness training and would put myself in the latter category given the environment stated in the OP. Now if you throw in a snowy cold winter or a hot summer we're in a much tougher spot...
Old 12-15-2005, 02:50 PM

Key here is shelter, then signal, then water, then food. www.EQUIPPEDTOSURVIVE.COM is a good resource.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:20 PM

Assuming the person is provided with a volleyball and several random Fed Ex packages, I'd say indefinitely.

If not, I give them less than 2 weeks.