Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: ($22) Stop N Go here?

[ QUOTE ]
If your gonna play the hand, then stop and go is the way to go. It all depends if you really think A5 is too good to fold. I'd prob fold this preflop because A5 sucks even against a large range like you described. If it were A8+ then I'd sotp and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

My play really had nothing to do with the two cards I had in the hole. It was all about my stack size. At this point I already have more than 20% of the my stack invested. If I fold, I will have put over 30% of my stack in the middle just from posting the blinds when I'm on the SB next hand.

If I fold, there is no guarantee that I'll get a steal opportunity from the SB or button and still will be pretty short on fold equity. Also, if I fold both my blinds I'll only have t635 so even doubling me up only gets me to 6xBBs.

So, for me the question is, when do I have maximum fold equity?

It seems the consensus is that I have little to no fold equity in this spot postflop, so I guess waiting would have been preferable.

I’m really unsure when a stop n go is the right move. People here are saying that A5 is too weak, but I’ve posted other hands when they say a strong hand is wasted by stop n go’s. Are middle pairs the only time they are appropriate, because if that is the case it will be a pretty rare move because pocket pairs from the blind position aren’t not coming a long all that often when short stacked.