Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Limping/Spewing with 55

Tough hand. Not sure about the flop 3bet, I might like a check-raise better to see how he reacts to it. If 3bet I'm putting him on an overpair, in which case I have to continue, and I'll go passive. If he'll autoraise UIOC's on the flop, I'm not sure I like leading/3betting, because we want to see the turn and river here, and it would suck to have this capped. I'm more interested in if he's got the stones to re-raise a flop checkraise, which even very aggressive players have a hard time doing w/ UIOC.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:18 PM

grunch

I think your straight and set outs are clean here, and I also think it is likely that your pair won't hold up to SD.
Based on this I don't see the point of betting/raising as you don't have the pot equity with two opps, and you cant play for a free look at the river since you're out of position. I would just call both flop and river.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Stats do not support the statement that Button is an "auto raiser" no matter what the OP said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall stats can't disprove the OP's read of an opponent's actions in one specific situation I don't think.

[ QUOTE ]

2. What do you consider a made hand here? What do you beat here UI? IMO, not very much. You ARE NOT protecting a 55 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think we beat Button's OCs about 2/3 of the time. Looking at SB's stats, he's not a calling station postflop, so I concede I maybe underestimated what he could be holding to coldcall 2 on the flop (might be results-orientated thinking on my part because we now know SB checkraised hero's turn bet).
Old 12-13-2005, 07:57 PM

*grunch*

I'd take the free card on the turn and if the river is a non-scary brick I'd call down. If it's scary then it's read based. If you hit the straight then profit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BBB
Old 12-13-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Too many outs to beat an overpair so we can't fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, c/c the turn and c/c the river if no scare cards come.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:17 PM

I think you can check/call this flop, and probably the turn also UI. By betting out, you will cause overcards to play unprofitably, but you're also probably isolating against a better hand. There's no point to 3-betting here in either case. Check/call the turn as played.