Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-06-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: 555 flop vs a PRF

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about check/call check/call check/fold.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that line. First of all kings may decide to bet all the way UI. Second of all, other aces easily could do that. We could be ahead of weak aces, and depending on what other cards come, we could be chopping with high aces. Lastly some idiot may decide to bet the river with worse than a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the reads. I know we have to do a bit of extrapolation here but I think J-high is giving up quite soon.

Rob
Old 12-06-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy is 22/15/2 I think "some idiot" does not apply. If I were the idiot and I got checkraised here I would call and raise the turn with any number of hands, many the OP beats. I think OP needs to avoid that exact situation.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, check raising definetly may be wrong. I really don't think we can fold this though.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy is 22/15/2 I think "some idiot" does not apply. If I were the idiot and I got checkraised here I would call and raise the turn with any number of hands, many the OP beats. I think OP needs to avoid that exact situation.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I check call this all the way to the river. I see no other way to play it.

My reasoning?
- I don't want to fold.
- There is little chance of me making a better hand fold on any street (except possible A8, A9, AT... I doubt AJ-AK fold anywhere)
- Checking may induce worse hands to bet for me
- Free cards don't hurt me tremendously.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:14 PM

Your pre-flop play is inconsistent with your decision on the flop. You should either be folding pre-flop or calling and taking this sort of board to showdown automatically.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your pre-flop play is inconsistent with your decision on the flop. You should either be folding pre-flop or calling and taking this sort of board to showdown automatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How is my pre-flop play inconsistent with my flop decision? You aren't making sense to me. I said that I would take this hand to showdown on this flop.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:42 PM

Hmm, ace high might be good and if the villian has a higher ace, there's a number of cards that could make it a split. Maybe treat it like the weak made ace line, c/c, c/c, bet?. The river's the tough one for me OOP. I hate checking and letting him bet a small pair for value. I also don't like betting the river and getting raised.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 PM

Not you, the OP. I don't see why you'd call thinking you're good against his range and then not call down thinking you're a dog against his range.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge oversimplification. I'll call preflop with 56s here, I don't think I have the best hand at the time. Things change.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-06-2005, 10:16 PM

cc cc bet line makes no sense whatsoever. villain isnt going to call the river with weaker hands other than weaker aces perhaps and youll sometimes get bluffraised.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:28 PM

interesting hand. MP is CO here. In that case I think check calling down is good. if MP was not CO, I think a check/fold is in order. A 22/15 CO raiser we have good equity vs, but actually significantly worse equity vs a MP raiser.