Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Blind Battle With Super-Lag

His numbers are 78/43/4.75 and he lives up to them. I just won a big pot after check-raising the flop leading the turn and betting the river with tp in a blind battle. Haven't seen him overbet yet. He reraised pf once with ak to 20 after an initial raise of 8. Haven't been there that long, but have been running good and cleaning up, a lot of big pots won by bets by me. Comments on all streets appreciated. I don't know where this line came from.

I was trying to c/r him again on the turn, but was fine with the free card. I wanted him to raise my weak river bet, I'm just not sure if he would invest that much money with a hand that he doesn't think is good.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter

BB ($329.75)
UTG ($221.35)
Button ($205.50)
Hero ($213)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4.

Turn: ($16) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($16) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $90</font>,
Old 12-06-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Blind Battle With Super-Lag

I really don't like your flop c/r all that much against this guy. I would guess he's pretty likely to re-raise, and it leaves you in a weird spot on the turn when he calls.

[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to c/r him again on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? On that turn? Is he laying down much to your bets? Sounds like he's pretty loose, and will look you up with a lot.

River plan if he calls and it blanks?

Call the river.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:58 PM

As for the turn c/r I've been doing that a lot lately with big draws. It puts me in a situation where I can either get a free card or show a lot of strength. If river bricks, my play is dependent on the turn play. If he checked behind, I probably just give up. If i c/r'ed I lead for probably 1/2-2/3 pot.

In blind battles, I really just do weird stuff. I want to get my first c/r reraised like you said, and the turn c/r would've been huge. I think this shows I'm not to be messed with either.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:02 PM

You've induced a bluff from a super lag. You have to call.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted him to raise my weak river bet, I'm just not sure if he would invest that much money with a hand that he doesn't think is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
As a part-time lag-donk myself, I put in tons of money on the river with hands I don't think are good. It's people who fold the 4th nuts to garbage that make lag-donk-bluffing profitable. Don't be one of those people. Easy call.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:09 PM

Call.
The thought that you checkraised a flush draw on that flop never crossed his mind.