Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 08:48 PM

Default $50 KQ Hand - Image?

Havent really been posting many hands recently, so gonna try and put a few up which I hope are interesting and that maybe people can advise on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Upto now ive been playing very tight, UTG + 1 has been pretty loose limping a lot of hands (Ace X/Pairs/Suited K/Q etc). This was the first time he had limped at this level and also the first time he put in such a big % just limping. I am pretty sure the guys at the table who are paying attention put me on a better hand then KQ

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 6 - 6 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 3135 Chips
SB: 1220 Chips
BB: 1515 Chips
UTG: 2030 Chips
UTG+1: 895 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1205 Chips</font>

Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 100/200

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, Hero is All-In
Old 11-25-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: $50 KQ Hand - Image?

[ QUOTE ]
Havent really been posting many hands recently, so gonna try and put a few up which I hope are interesting and that maybe people can advise on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Upto now ive been playing very tight, UTG + 1 has been pretty loose limping a lot of hands (Ace X/Pairs/Suited K/Q etc). This was the first time he had limped at this level and also the first time he put in such a big % just limping. I am pretty sure the guys at the table who are paying attention put me on a better hand then KQ

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 6 - 6 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 3135 Chips
SB: 1220 Chips
BB: 1515 Chips
UTG: 2030 Chips
UTG+1: 895 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1205 Chips</font>

Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 100/200

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, Hero is All-In

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt.

Old 11-25-2005, 08:52 PM

I don't think this push is terrible or something. I just think that el donko is going to have Ax or a pair a lot of the time here, because he's put in 25% of his stack, and usually, el donkos don't fold in this situation. They love the reverse gap concept.. limping and calling with basically crap. I'm just not sure if the times he has QJ/KJ/KT or worse make up for the risk of the nice 1.2k stack you have enough.. and of course the slight chance of someone waking up behind you with a real hand.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:58 PM

The difficulty here was trying to work out how often this guy is going to fold to make the play a good one.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:00 PM

Yes that's true. I just speak from bitter experience about these kind of fish, they are scared shitless to push for some reason, but will call a push readily, with their wonderful Ax or 66 or whatever other rubbish they have. I've been called by QTo and similar nonsense here as well though, that's for sure, and yes even at $55s.. I would say it's about close to neutral $EV. You do only have 6BB, but at the same time your equity is probably not too bad, and you still have a few hands before hitting the blinds again. Either way though this is definitely a close decision. I can't really fault the push.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:19 AM

I agree with tigerite in that you're not getting killed pushing here, but I think it's -EV and usually fold here. His limping range probably has you pretty good and he's folding like never.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 AM

I think he'd probably fold around ~25% of the time, actually. Given that you need to be about a 49% favourite (this seems to be a recurring theme) when he calls, I think this leaves his limping range as 22+,A2+,K9o+,K6s+,QJ,Q9s+,JTs .. and this is pretty much exactly what I think he has here. So we're assuming he folds the crappier kings, most of the queens, and the JTs.. again pretty much spot on. But there is no margin for error, which is what just about, for me, swings it to a fold.