Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-14-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Great laydown or FPS? set of queens heads up

Impressive, I will never be a world class player evidently.

X
Old 11-14-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand his reasoning and line of thought, but I go broke on this hand. I also don't happen to be a millionaire who writes books about my profession.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think any of us are as experienced or successful as he is, which is why I also try to take the opportunity to learn from this example. You know, learn to think like the best players do, even when it means a level we may have not even previously considered possible.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Great laydown, or just a good way to sell some books?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this doesn't mean that you think it didn't happen. There was a table full of witnesses. Before the hands were shown, Hassan Habib (who was to my left) called both hands. I actually didn't think it was that spectacular, but players at my table spread the story around the room. If I didn't have a table full of witnesses, I wouldn't have put it in the book.

Funny thing is, most people who have criticized the hand being in the book, said it was too easy a laydown the way the guy bet it, to put it in the book. If he had bet normally and acted normally I would have gone all in.

Barry
Old 11-14-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing is, most people who have criticized the hand being in the book, said it was too easy a laydown the way the guy bet it, to put it in the book. If he had bet normally and acted normally I would have gone all in.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

well, to be fair, in the OP, nothing was mentioned about physical tells or anything like that. so most of our responses were just based on the fact that we were reraised PF by a rock, and were meant to fold a set of queens on a fairly innocent board because of it.

i still don't think i would fold the set here, but that's not to say i think the fold is bad given the read. i just don't have the talent, i don't think, to make a read that good nor the discipline to stick with it.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that's also why it makes a good example: it IS possible to fold second set, but only when your opponent bets his hand so badly that he might as well turn his cards over. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]