Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-10-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Oh Those Aces

New to table, seen three orbits, villian has done nothing to get out of line. My image is probably TAG.

2-4

I have 450 villian covers

I get AhAc on button
folded to CO who raises to 10
I raise to 30
Villian Calls

Flop J68 with 2 hearts

check I bet 50 call

Turn 8h

check check

River Bricks

a pot of 160, checked to me...

Any and all comments appreciated.

My analysis is at the bottom.

Preflop - Standard
Flop - Standard
Turn - This is debatable, but I'm WA/WB here so I should try to catch up/control pot size.

River - The check I believe would eliminate flushes and sets. I have to fold to a raise I think without a read. My PF reraise eliminated a lot of hands, but the range of villian would seem like so.

AJ - Somewhat likely, maybe would've led flop
AK - I've seen it, but AK isn't paying me any money unless i bet really small like 1/4 pot
99,10,QQ,KK - These are the important hands. I think they should be divided to overpair/underpair. Overpairs I think call a push here, which seems like it would be the most profitable. But, the push gets called by any hands that were trapping and I get stacked. 99,1010 seem like they would fold to the push almost all of the time, meaning I think a value bet is better. So I'm not really sure which is the best option of a value bet (1/4-2/3 pot), or an overbet (push). The push is betting 370 into 160 which seems like it's way too much, and I'd have to win alot, so maybe a pot bet is a good option. I may scare away KK,QQ if I push also, so I don't know if I like pushing. That's just my thoughts on the hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Oh Those Aces

I bet 120 and fold if he pushes. Jacks probably have to call, everything else fold/raises for value allowing you to play correctly. The turn on the check is good because you've planted the seed of doubt that perhaps you were CBing and had given up but are now trying to steal on the river.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet 120 and fold if he pushes. Jacks probably have to call, everything else fold/raises for value allowing you to play correctly. The turn on the check is good because you've planted the seed of doubt that perhaps you were CBing and had given up but are now trying to steal on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line, except for possibly betting $100 instead of $120.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:33 AM

I bet 50 because i'm not very smart and villian instantly called. I'm playing on crypto so I couldn't see his cards, but he said he had KK.