Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-24-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: ATs

I'm checking here because I'm afraid of a raise if I'm UI.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking here because I'm afraid of a raise if I'm UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd 3-bet AK, then bet the flop, but then check-call the turn??
Old 10-24-2005, 12:03 PM

I don't see many people trapping here, maybe that's why I'm not seeing this...

But maybe he's looking for a cheap showdown as well. A smooth call on the flop would send up warning signs if he's been paying attention to the type of player you are.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:13 PM

Agree to disagree.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there are more than just "monsters" being 3-bet out of BB. Especially from a tricky player. I think you're losing out by not raising this flop at a minimum. This is about as good a board as you're gonna see with AT. If you cant bet this hand in this situation, you should be folding this preflop to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. There is a decent chance that we're ahead, as villian could have something like AK or AQ. But there is also a decent chance that villian has an overpair. So IMO the flop is VERY standard, raising the flop is bad, let him bluff off AK or AQ if he wants. The turn is where you could make for betting when checked to. But what do we do if we get check raised? Puts you to a tough decision and against a tricky player checking behind can be good.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:13 PM

The more I think about this I really think checking behind is the best play. If we get check raised the pot is 7.25BB back to us, and I'm going to have a hard time folding b/c villian might be doing it with a hand we beat or something like KK that we almost have odds to continue with. Also, we might not be losing taht many bets by checkijng behind if villian is going to fold something like 99 or AK UI. We might actually get a bet on the river from these hands taht we normallywouldn't. The only downside IMO is that we are giving free cards to hand that we currently beat, but against a tricky opponent I think checking behind might be best.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is what FPS is.
You have top pair top kicker in a 6-max table against an aggressive opponent and you do not throw in a RAISE anywhere because of what?!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We raise UTG, and a TAG 3 bets us from the BB. Personally, raising doesn't really enter my mind here, I treat it as WA/WB, and let him bluff off if he has AK or whatever.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:08 AM

textbook

for the turn:
inducing a bluff > betting out IMO

1 less bet to be made, but we are garunteed a showdown, rather than throw it away(from a villian C/R), or make a bet with no value
Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 AM

Yeah, some nice posts by Tehox in here.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there are more than just "monsters" being 3-bet out of BB. Especially from a tricky player. I think you're losing out by not raising this flop at a minimum. This is about as good a board as you're gonna see with AT. If you cant bet this hand in this situation, you should be folding this preflop to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with that.
If I was villain I`d typically reraise 66 in this situation out of the BB. (But I`m probably more on the loose-aggressive side.) You should habitually raise these kinds of players on the flop with very strong hands to almost nothing.