Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 10-22-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Villain Door Card Pairs

I don't know much about 7 stud, I play mainly hold'em. The villain was generally loose and passive. But folding is awful once I have two pair? Can I put someone on trips that quickly? Also, my sixth street was probably dumb. Just check/call down? Or push out the other player? I think I should have done that earlier if that's my reason for raising sixth street. Comments?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (5.67 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (10.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds

River - (14.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

Total pot: (16.33 BB)
Old 10-22-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Villain Door Card Pairs

Pretty unlikely that anyone would raise here without having aces up beat, given that you completed on third. You do have the odds to draw to the full house, so you should call the raise here, and play to the river. You would probably end up calling the river, simply because its hard to fold aces up for one bet, and he might be nuts.

The raise on 6th is chip-spewing for me - he won't fold and is probably well ahead. Also, if you think you need to catch a 9 or A to win, then you want the third player to stay in and draw to a flush - you could get several bets on the river if you hit and he does too.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:37 PM

6th was pretty bad yes.

When you get raised on 5th you should only continue if you think the 3rd guy will stick around. Otherwise calling will probably be a mistake baring a read that the 88 guy is crazy. But if you choose to call down you wont be making a huge mistake as it looks like you have 4 live outs.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:09 PM

would a person consider checking on fifth street as he probably has a flush draw or trips, which are the two worst hands for you.
and yes you can consider folding two pair. how often does someone raises open aces without beating them.