Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-18-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Results

I wouldn't be surprised if he folded red AA, although his flop bet makes me think AK trying to steal it, or JJ.

I've never 3-betted KK preflop against good players. Just don't see anything you gain from doing this.

I'd check behind on the turn personally, and be put to the test if he bets the river depending on size.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Playing Scared With KK

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
against decent players, I'd say 3 betting preflop lets lesser hands get away while getting stacked by AA.

you can induce your opponent to make more mistakes by flat calling the preflop reraise in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. OP said villain is solid. A solid opp. at 200NL isn't getting stacked by you with JJ/QQ if you pop it back to 40 PF. If you're going to get stacked by AA at least give yourself a chance to stack QQ. However in this hand you're losing to JJ, QQ, and AA.

This actually looks like either QQ that filled up on the turn and decided to slowplay, hoping you had the flush, or a missed AK. I like your line. Bet the turn. If you get C/Red, fold. If you get flat called you'll have to re-evaluate on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

villains range is much wider than that. also, this is a donkreraise oop. retard donkeys do this all the time if hero has been playing agro pf. he prob has A rag or some trash ~80% [/number out of ass] betting the turn against an aggro postflop opponenet is a good way to get blown off best hand. use position and check against aggros.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:40 AM

granted i dont know the opponent, but given his actions (donk reraise oop, minbet flop) there is no way i am not raising his flop bet, and i am not worried about getting it all in here. fwiw i dont see ANYTHING solid about the play of villain based on this hand. if he did have AA, which i SERIOUSLY doubt he did, it was one of the most butchered hands i have seen in like an hour at least...lol. also, i dont like the 3 bet pf idea. against this type of opponent i am looking to raise or push on a flop like this depending on stack size and pf action.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:02 AM

I check behind on the turn!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:53 PM

others have said it, but that is a crappy spot to bet the turn. what are you beating?? 3- bet pf is a preference thing. mine is to 3bet.