Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 09:35 PM

Default AA and The Installment Plan

Player is a semi-fish, he'll hold onto draws, no other real notes. All is standard until the turn. His flop play looks like a draw, and on the turn I want to price him out as well as get the max value from something like ak. I think I'm committed to getting stacked by a hand that beats me because villian is pretty loose, so I try to make him pay me off on an installment plan. Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Hero ($327)
Button ($296.75)
SB ($179.95)
BB ($253.75)
UTG ($174)
MP ($200)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $6.

Flop: ($23) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $55</font>, UTG calls $40.

Turn: ($133) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $55</font>, UTG calls $55.

River: ($243) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero?

Also, checking behind the river standard? I think he'd push a flush into me especially because of the odds I'm getting.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: AA and The Installment Plan

I would prefer the raise preflop to be a bit larger

Flop looks good

On the turn, if he's got a draw, you only won like 8 Sklansky bucks, that's not enough. Bet more

edit: oh yeah, check river
Old 10-17-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: AA and The Installment Plan

I would check behind on the river. If I was villian and I hit my draw I'd be very tempted to check the river and hope I get bet at again hard so I can push on a reraise and have hero commited. I wouldn't do it (I'd push river), but some villians do (I just don't have the stones to do that play often.)