Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Another Monitor Question

Okay, I've been reading all the posts about monitors and I'm still wondering which one to buy. Right now I have a 19" LCD that came with my Dell Computer and I'm sick of the overlap when 4-tabling. Here's a few questions I have.

What is the preferred monitor for multi-tabling?
Does it make a big difference whether it is LCD or CRT?
From reading posts I've narrowed it town to 3 monitors.
The Cotsco Sceptre, the 2001 fp, or a 21 inch Dell CRT. I would obviously like to spend the least possible on a good monitor that I can easily 4-table with. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Another Monitor Question

I think this link should take you to an excellent response to my post from last week. I was in the same boat and had pretty much planned on buying the 21" Dell, CRT. But then after thinking about it for a few days I decided to spend a few hundred extra for the Dell 2001fp. Now that I see the Sectre monitor I plan on driving to Costco shortly to check it out. To make a short story long, I've decided that it's worth a couple hundred more for a LCD

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;o=&vc=1
Old 09-12-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Another Monitor Question

Below is a post I have submitted several times - however, I think the link to the monitor is no longer valid. You may have to search the web for the monitor.

Guys,

I posted this a few weeks ago - thought it was relevant to this thread. Note: this is a 17" Flat Panel - not CRT. It is fine for 4 tabling but not super clear for general use at 1600x1200. Let me know what you think.

"I just went to Compusa and bought the Norwood Micro 17" LCD monitor for $249.99 with tax. Check out this link - (http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...1&pfp=hpf6). I can't believe it works at 1600x1200 but it does. The 19" model did not. Make sure it says Model# HD17A on the back. I am playing four tables on it right now. Had to change my display options in Windows under the Settings > Advanced > monitor tab to NOT hide modes the monitor can't display. Awesome!!!!"
It really does work at 1600x1200. Check out the link (http://img140.echo.cx/img140/2590/4tables0lj.jpg) - it is a screen shot of my LCD.
I went to CompUSA and they had about fifteen 17" and 15" monitors all showing the same image. I change the screen resolution to 1600x1200 and they all went blank except for 3. Two of those had a warning about that display mode on the screen. Only one (and it was the cheapest) displayed without any message. I asked to buy one and they went back and got me the same model (or so they said). When I looked at the box it was slightly different. There were speakers on the bottom. Mine did not have any. They said it would work the same. I said show me. They took it out of the box, hooked it up and it DID NOT work. Note: Neither did the 19" version??? So they said they were out of that exact model so I bought the display model. So far, so good. Like I said, make sure it says Model# HD17A on the back. However, I don't know if the model they tried to sell me that did not work says that or not. When I got home and hooked it up it did not give me the option of changing to the 1600 x 1200. I had to change my display options in Windows under the Settings > Advanced > monitor tab to NOT hide modes the monitor can't display. If you order one make sure you can return it if it does not work. Let me know if it does. I changed my display font size to be a little larger and now it is awesome. I am 4 tabling all the time. Good Luck.
Closed Thread