Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-01-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: critique this AA hand

tdomski: No idea what he'd do with KK/QQ on river, I really have no idea. valuebet/check/push in that order, but I don't think any of those 3 actions are out of line so to speak.

tbg: 3betting flop is another idea, though I thought I make it too easy for hands I beat to fold on flop like this...don't you think?

amoeba: after 150~200bb+ stacks, it's near impossible to cut implied odds by simple means of raising 1/10th'ish pf. you have to do cut implied odds by opening with wider range of hands. I admit I went too far with my AA this hand however and made his strategy work, though I think over the long term I'd have +EV over him trying to out flop my AA/KK because I 3bet with much wider range and take down many pots uncontested with c-bet.

overall I'm still unsure of what the best line would have been other than river call being pretty bad. I think 3 betting flop and playing it super fast especially given my image was the optimal line.

thank you all for feedback, I hope to post more interesting hand next time.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: critique this AA hand

well because you are so deep, I almost think of it as him limping and you raising preflop with a wide variety.

I assume he open raises preflop with a wide range so really I think you should treat it like you are playing 10/20 and basically treat your reraise as an open.

I think you gain just as much reraising to 150 or 200 here and continuation betting. but the difference is that this pushes villain to call your reraise with a tigher range of hands I think.

take my advice with a grain of salt as I don't play at this level. I'm speaking from purely theory.