Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: First day at college

[ QUOTE ]
You should rush with no intention of joining a frat. Free booze for like a month, with non-stop fun. Also, try to go to class as much as possible and try to meet somebody new each day. You'll make the best friends of your life, and will have the time of your life. Take fun electives - you'll learn about random sh1t that will make you a better person, or at least much better at bar trivia. Take communication and psych classes. I always made the promise to myself to keep up on my reading before every semester, but I always failed. Still, it's good to aim high. Party a lot, work hard, and find something that you want to do with your life - not something that others want you to do. College is the best since you get to be a child and an adult at the same time. Do plenty of dumb stuff, but try to stay out of jail. Also, remember to call your mom every once in awhile - she'll miss her little huggybear.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sums it up nicely. JA is wise. Have fun in college, it's awesome. Spoken as yet another married 30+ who is extremely jealous of you. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 01:58 PM

Take afternoon classes..or those 1 day night classes... that way you could party all night/play pokerstars all day and still have time for class.

Oh yeah...and get laid!
Old 08-17-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing, girls are rushing to and I went outside to throw one of my cardboard boxed in the dumpster. Across the street about 150 feet away there's 80-100 platinum blonde bombshells all talking out on the lawn, getting ready to get on a bus to go to another sororiety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorority rush may be the best time of the year. Hot freshmen all over the place, and a ton of them boozing. However, as a 25 yr old grad student, I felt like an ODB, but who cares.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would join a frat but I'll be 21 this January and wouldn't fit in with the age gap

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to junior college for 2 years, and was 21 when I pledged. It's no big deal. I actually know alot of guys who didn't do it right off the bat. If you think you'd like it, I wouldn't let being 21 stop you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be every one of your pledge's best friend, I'm sure. Can anyone say "beer run"?

EDIT: and if Clayton is doing ChemE, I would change majors. I thought I had a pretty tough major (CompE), but ChemE was an assload more work. One of the few majors that I respected.

EDIT2: And I never really went to class, and rarely handed in homework assignments, but I think that's just me. I can learn more working a problem for 10 minutes than sitting in an hour lecture. Plus, most UofI classes had decent lecture notes available online.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing, girls are rushing to and I went outside to throw one of my cardboard boxed in the dumpster. Across the street about 150 feet away there's 80-100 platinum blonde bombshells all talking out on the lawn, getting ready to get on a bus to go to another sororiety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorority rush may be the best time of the year. Hot freshmen all over the place, and a ton of them boozing. However, as a 25 yr old grad student, I felt like an ODB, but who cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

does everyone else's college have pledge night where all the pledges of the sororites get wasted and have to hook up with as many guys as possible and the guys sign their name in a little notebook?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does everyone else's college have pledge night where all the pledges of the sororites get wasted and have to hook up with as many guys as possible and the guys sign their name in a little notebook?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I know of (at UMich and UofI), but I am a sketchy ODB. They did have a pledge night where they all got wasted, however.