Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Fighting Question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

its all good, that was a sick break though cause it took a replay to fully see what frank mir did,

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah and i loved how when rogan asked him about it he said the ref was stupid and that it wasnt broken, haha what a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

makes you wonder how bad the adreneline was pumping through him, cause the replay showed the entire forearm popping like several times. When it happened I thought that was what I saw, but wasn't sure, and then the replay definetly showed it. I loved how everyone was booing it. I've been a fan of Frank Mir since I saw him submit Pete Williams in under a minute with a sweet elbow lock
Old 08-15-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tim Silvia got his arm broken in an armbar. He didn't submit. The ref just stopped the fight when he noticed that Silvia's bone broke.

Anyone see that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The classic example of this is the fight between Kazushi Sakuraba and Renzo Gracie. Sakuraba gets Renzo in a kimura and bends his arm into an ungodly shape. Freaking Renzo never gave up even as he's watching his arm get turned into a pretzel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Renzo just looked at his elbow dislocated and kinda had this oh well look on his face. ALso, had their been longer rounds, or no rounds, that knee bar Sak put Royce in would've broke royce's leg, or at least [censored] up his knee real bad. Sak had that knee bar locked in real bad and that was the first time ever that I had seen royce show any form of pain in his face
Old 08-15-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try to find UFC 1-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the most cringeworthy things I have ever seen happened in UFC 4. Owwie.

The old school UFCs were fun- no weight classes, multiple fights in a night, etc. It was pure chaos, but it was fun to watch. The stuff these days in far more polished- the fighters are trained much more extensively, there is more money and fame, etc. I still enjoy it, but sometimes I long for the old days.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:33 PM

fred penner in UFC2 getting the [censored] kicked out him was pretty sick too, his face got rearranged
Old 08-15-2005, 10:00 PM

Do you mean Fred Ettish and his "Fetal Fighting" style?

http://ettishfetalfighting.8m.com/ettish2.htm
Old 08-15-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean Fred Ettish and his "Fetal Fighting" style?

http://ettishfetalfighting.8m.com/ettish2.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's who I meant. Who the [censored] is fred penner, and why did I come up with that last name, whatever. I just remember watching that UFC and Fred Ettish saying that his Kenpo would be stronger then whatever the other guy used, I laughed and knew he'd get his ass kicked
Old 08-16-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go here:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1

Download Emule. It's free and no spyware. Pretty easy to use. Just make sure you have a port open in your Windows XP firewall if you use it. As far as IRC goes, I've never been able to figure out how the hell to use IRC to download files so good luck with that. I still doubt that you'll find 200 UFC movies on IRC like you find on P2P network.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are joking right? 200 UFC movies on Emule? UFC is just barely past 50... Are you just downloading clips or something? Emule has its uses, but this is not one of those.

If you are serious about downloading UFC, Pride, or K1 dont use crappy Emule. It can take days. You can download the newest stuff, full fights, not just clips on IRC at like 300k/sec... Just figure it out, its not even hard