Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: 3 handed $2k hand w/ A9o in SB

[ QUOTE ]
I’m not sure I like it. I think the check call / see what comes off on the turn is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

good, that was my thinking.

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t really mind the check raise allin on the turn if you know he’s going to bet but that’s very risky.

[/ QUOTE ]

my read was that he would think i was drawing and he would bet again, he seemed frustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can’t afford to give a free card at that point. Also, while it may allow your opponent to get off his drawing hand, it also easily allows him to play correctly against you (he’s gonna call with an overpair).

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, i dont really expect him to fold an overpair, but i also dont want to let him draw cheap. he will have a draw, outkicked TP, or another pair more often than an overpair right?

[ QUOTE ]
You got a great turn card. I say you lead out by over betting the pot. If you get called, check-call the river if it’s not too dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i over bet the turn(350-400) and get called, he has 500 left, and the pot is over $1k, and since he didnt raise all in he could def. have a draw, which rivers are you folding TPTK to?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:36 PM

I like your play here Mikey. I think it boils down to either you're well ahead or way behind. He's definitely calling with 1010 or better but you have outs if he does.

A CR on the flop may be a good idea to find out where you are or a lead on the flop could work as well.

I think you need to have a plan for a hand like this and determine if it's good enough to play for your entire stack(Or a good chunk of it). Interesting post... there are so many ways to play a hand like this...hope it worked out for you.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your play here Mikey. I think it boils down to either you're well ahead or way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

he could easily have a pair + draw here, which i am ahead of, but not by a ton.

like clubs, 67, 107, 109, J9, 46 etc etc etc.