Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: K8s, stealing - continuation bets g00t?

I would like this pre-flop steal raise if I knew the CO->BB were tight players. But given your reads, what made you think this was a good opprtunity to steal?

I bet the turn, your hand still has showdown value agaisnt a super loose player, so bet the turn and if your flush misses, you can check behind and take the free showdown, and you might even win it right there.
You won't get checkraised by a super passive post flop player that often.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: K8s, stealing - continuation bets g00t? (RESULT)

Ok, so I bet the turn and Villan folded. So it worked, but I'm still not sure I like it.

This pfr is not usually in my playbook. I was bored, and when I saw K8s from LMP I was happy just to have two cards to play. When it came to me and half the table was already out of the hand (4 folds, 1 sit-out), I thought it might be an opportunity to try something different (which I think is a good idea, once in a while).

The flop bet I think is standard. I had no reason to think anyone else would bet, in fact just the opposite, and I a) had a good draw, and b)didn't want to give free cards to players I thought might just be defending against a steal.

On the turn since it was HU I figured my best chance of winning the pot would be betting. Even if SB was sliding along with a naked ace or king I hoped showing I wasn't afraid of the ace would convince him I had AA/KK/AK, and THAT'S the part of the play that concerns me. (I also didn't want to advertise that plainly that I was on a flush draw.)

Annyhoo, thanks for the input, all.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like this pre-flop steal raise if I knew the CO->BB were tight players. But given your reads, what made you think this was a good opprtunity to steal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, I don't like limping any hand I would play for one bet first in from MP3 or after. Stronger hands than this one it's MP2.

So, what's your preflop play? Limp or fold?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, I don't like limping any hand I would play for one bet first in from MP3 or after. Stronger hands than this one it's MP2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. I doubt anyone who commented on the preflop play would limp this.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you don't have any special read on MP3 as being tricky, I would go ahead and semibluff the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, MP3 is definitely being tricky this hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I agree, though, this is a fine semibluff opportunity.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. I doubt anyone who commented on the preflop play would limp this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open limping in MP3 sucks.

I'll open-raise this from CO, but not MP3.