Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Biggest pot of my short 1/2 career - absolutely zero content

So, I had been having a really crappy day at my new limit. Up and down all night. At this point, I was up about 20 BB's after 1800 hands (for the day). It's late, I should be going to bed, but I stumbled on a table with a total donk - 94/48, or something. He cold-called my raise with 48o earlier.

So, we got the following hand (as a side note, I swear I hand't hit a flush all day).

The donk is the SB in this hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 7c 2c (flush, ace high).
Hero has 8c Kc (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 25.50 BB. </font>

I know I've won some bigger pots at .5/1 (37 BB's, once, I think?) - but I'll take this.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Biggest pot of my short 1/2 career - absolutely zero content

Jesus... he raised 72 out of the SB.

Well.... it WAS soooted. Guess that makes it okay.

Nice hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 12:00 PM

Every once in a while, you come across one of these characters. Usually, they're in the midst of terrorizing a table of passives and stealing a lot of pots with nothing. So you, the faithful 2+2er, lies in wait with a decent hand (and hopefully position) and then just goes to war when your hand connects. It's a beautiful thing really, capping every street when you know he just can't help himself, since his only response to aggression is to reraise, regardless of what he holds.

Guys like this can turn a session we're you're down into an break-even or positive results session in a matter of a few minutes.

Nice hand.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:52 PM

nice hand. i think guys like this are the easiest way to make money at 1/2. get a buddy list full of em and table selection is never an issue.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 AM

I think you taught him a valuable poker lesson that he'll likely never forget.