Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 01-14-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: LP cold call AXs vs. LAG = 29.50 BB

I'd be will to bet money that Ed Miller would say that the flop raise is an absolute no brainer.

There are SO MANY hands you could fold out that cost you this big pot if an A falls or doesn't fall for that matter.

AJ,AT,A8,A7,A6(maybe),A5,A4o,A3(maybe),A2,22,44,55 ,77,88,T8 and the list does continue, these are just some of the typical low limit holdings not to mention the odd ball 47o, non raised AQ, AK (I see it all the time) and more but I'll stop there.

Your more than welcoming come alongs because you have a good draw, nut flush, backdoor str8 and the added possibility you win this when you spike your A or win with A high.

There has been ONE lousy bet so far and it is coming from the PFR, most likely he is on over cards.

I think anyone who says this raise is incorrect is being results orienated.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: LP cold call AXs vs. LAG = 29.50 BB

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be will to bet money that Ed Miller would say that the flop raise is an absolute no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a winning bet... and I withdraw my previous concerns and objections.

My concerns revolved around the realized benefits of 'cleaning up outs' in terms of cleaning up your ace outs. Mostly, I felt that the reasonable liklihood of being dominated by PFR would offset any benefits of raising.

However, a more thorough analysis shows that this simply is not the case. I neglected to consider one important fact: If Hero is dominated, then pairing his kicker is likely to beat PFR. Therefore, cleaning up overcards to his *kicker* is beneficial. So my objection that a raise only cleans up a two outer is false. There are many overcards to the 4 kicker. (Not to mention folding out the medium pairs, consideration of the pot size, counting the striaght draws...)

I was so fixed on the ace (because of the preflop coldcall) that I didn't give full consideration to other aspects of the hand. This is such an easy raise... how embarassing [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]