Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-07-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Call to Open Ended Straight Draw?

Hand from a $10 PP SnG.

I'm pretty sure I made the correct decision to fold with 2 out of 3 players ahead going all-in. I have them all covered but didn't want to risk so many chips on a only a draw.

But afterwards, I was wondering whether there actually was enough chips in the pot to call. Odds on OESD are 2.18 with two cards coming and 4.75 with one card. I would be getting at least 3:1 if BB didn't later go all-in and slightly better than 2:1 if he did.

Of course there is the possibility that I would be drawing dead if someone had an T9 boat, quad Tens, or made the spade flush.

Is calling +EV or would that be too loose.

Thanks, Steve

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter

Hero (t2025)
SB (t895)
BB (t1605)
UTG (t695)
MP (t480)
CO (t2300)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, MP folds, CO calls t100, Hero calls t100, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t500) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t795 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t795, UTG calls t595 (All-In), CO folds, Hero folds.

Turn: (t2685) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t2685) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2685
<font color="green">Main Pot: t2285 (t2285), between SB, BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (t2285).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t400 (t400), between SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (t400).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Td 8h (three of a kind, tens).
UTG has Ac Ad (two pair, aces and tens).
SB has As 4s (one pair, tens).
Outcome: BB wins t2685. </font>
Old 11-07-2004, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Call to Open Ended Straight Draw?

No, you could be drawing practically dead (boat) or to 2 outs (flush draw).
Old 11-08-2004, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, you could be drawing practically dead (boat) or to 2 outs (flush draw).

[/ QUOTE ]

i get the no bit.

practically dead? what like is that counting the slimmest of chances he runner-runners a straightflush? how does practically dead get quantified? just curious (sleep deprived and in a sarcy mood [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

2 outs on a flush draw?

i got this after a fair bit of thought. you mean two outs because there is a flush draw.

yes, in circling back to the no, its right. your not 2:1, your more like 4:1 over the next two cards. and even then you may still be dead. fold it like a cheap suit.

Phill
Old 11-08-2004, 05:45 AM

Well the king came so you should've gone all-in.

-jason