Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 10:29 PM

Default Mucking AA in a satellite, why?

If you have enough chips to coast to the seat, then why would you still be playing the table if you would muck AA?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Mucking AA in a satellite, why?

Last nites sat I mucked in last 15 minutes JJ on the button,AKo in MP, then small stack in sb pushed on me I was holding KK and I mucked it...just felt right as there were 40 seats and 48 players...I was around 25th spot and got my seat easily...but was scared to log off in case the finish dragged out and I might have to steal a few blinds etc... I would muck AA easily if I can coast...2 pair on the flop happen...jmo
Old 09-29-2004, 01:31 AM

Why muck it?

Say there are 10 seats given out, 11 players left. You have 100k in chips, there are 3 or so low stacks of around 10k. A player with 110k chips goes all in in front of you.

I dont care if you KNOW an ace is coming on the flop. You muck this every time. If you need further explanation ..... then just think longer.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:38 AM

Play it to knock out a short stack, but don't risk all your money when there's a better than 80% chance based on your stack that you'll get a seat just by folding around.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:12 AM

It is a good opurtunity to steal with it. Make a big raise, everyone is going to fold, then show it. If you do need to steal later if it drags out longer than normal, you have a super tight image, same with KK and QQ.

But the sound thing is to stay out of the action if you do not need to be in it.