Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Seat selection in 6 max.

In ring I'll prefer to have a LAG to my right so I can see what he does before I act, but in short handed I find this leads to them stealing my blinds much more than I would like. As blind steal situation are waaaaaaaay more common in SH, is there an argument for trying to sit to the right of LAGs?

Edit: We are talking about a LAGTAG tpye player. Someone pretty good, and not a moron

Edited: I had my left and right mixed up
Old 10-07-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Seat selection in 6 max.

I think you've got your right and left mixed up.

In any case, I prefer them on my right still so that I can isolate them. I'm not afraid of their blind steals, although it can get really annoying if your card-dead. Also, in the 5/10 game I've found that there are a lot of LAGs who really settle down against you if you can manage to smack them around a couple times.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:11 PM

I understand what you mean, but I really think the benefits of having the LAG to your right outweights the cons. The blind steals are more common, but you also have more opportunities to reraise an overagressive player. Guess you just have to be more ardent in your blind defence when you know that the player in question steals too much.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:31 PM

yeah. having a LAG that can read hands well and understands position on your right really sucks. he's one of the hardest opponents for me.

even if you totally own him on one hand and it's clear that he got outplayed, he still shows no respect and attacks your blinds relentlessly with garbage. this usually leads me to loosening up and trying to resteal against him which has had both good and bad results. i end up putting myself in a lot of situations which i'm totally comfortable with and occassionally lead me to make some really bad 2 street bluffs, especially if you're missing a lot of flops and starting to get steamed.

i'm much rather have the LAG on my left because their usually response to having their blinds stolen is to "3-BET PREFLOP AND LEAD EVERY STREET UNTIL THIS PUSSY FOLDS" regardless of what comes out on the board, which is VERY PROFITABLE for you if you're comfortable calling down with A high on friendly flops. as opposed to you check/calling him down with A high and getting value bet to death or him checking behind with his garbage.

i hear what you're saying though about having the LAG on your right, sometimes i just move tables if i notice it's affecting my play.