Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: me and betgo 5.5r ft pokerstars.

Kinda gay betgo. Worst turn/river ever. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] GJ.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda gay betgo. Worst turn/river ever. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] GJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm out in 6th (88 lose to AJo), betgo 5th (A2 to A7 after Q1010 flop).

Thanks for the sweat.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:44 PM

GJ to both, that was a good display of blind stealing, tough hands to end.. any ace is pretty good out of the blinds and the 88 vs. AJ coulda went either way.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:49 PM

Ya, this was a surprisingly good final table for the buyin.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
betgo, any thoughts behind that KQo push?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had like 13xBB with 5 players to act and ante. I had some players covered. I thought it was slightly chip EV+. If I raise, I am kind of pot committed. As it was, villain had me dominated, but it would be hard to fold to a reraise, as I am only dominated by 5 hands and am close to even or ahead of anything else. Do you guys think I should have limped raised, or folded?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:08 PM

I had an interesting tournament. Started out multitabling with two NLHE supersatellites, and tournaments in PLO, PLO/8, and 7CS/8. Busted out of everything else and thought I would probably take a loss on the bunch.

Rebought at the beginning and was up to about T5K before the addon. Didn't get a lot to play and didn't gain chips. Had 5-20% of the average stack for a long time. Was applying my retarded red zone theories, just stealing enough to survive. At one point, I had T3200 with the BB 1600.

Kind of waiting for opportunities as there were a lot of fish. Worked out perfectly.

Stole some blinds and got some hands and was up to T17K with BB 2K. Then doubled up three times in two orbits with 70-80 players left and 54 places paying. First time CO decides for some reason to push for 34K with 2K BB and Q4o. I call with AQo. Second double up, I raise with QQ and AKo pushes. Third double up SB completes to 2K, I raise to 6K with KK. SB decides to limpraise allin for 60K and shows 66. This put me in 4th place.

I stole some on the bubble. With 55 players for 54 spots, BB had half his stack in blind. I raised from CO with T7o. BB cussed me and folded. I couldn't resist replying that he should have called. He had pot odds and I didn't have much.

I won more coin tosses than I lost and wound up tournament leader with T300K. Picked up AA in early position. Got 2 callers. Flop came A86,s. I bet half pot and next player reraised allin. He had AJ. He had restolen from me twice and seemed to think I was playing LAG with the big stack, so his play is understandable. The gave me a big tournament chip lead.

Was first or second most of the way until with 12 players left, I had T800K and next player had T600K. Mid position raised 3xBB with AQo to 48K. I pushed for his 300K with TT. If I won this, I would have almost twice everyone else. Since I lost, I was in 3rd place and could no longer play big stack LAG as much.

After KQ vs. AK hand, I went from medium stack to last at final table. Doubled up shortly after that with AK and stole blinds to become medium stack again.

With five players left, I was in last with T350K in 50K BB. Pushed from SB with A2o and with called by chip leader with A7o. Flop came QTT, but continued QTT54 to send me packing.

Yuv played well. Twice he got the tournament lead at 2nd and final tables, but he seemed to play a little too LAG with lead. Once with BB 20K, player with 400K bet 100K into Yuv the tournament leader's blind. In a major misread, Yuv pushed with 77 and was called by QQ.