Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: What leak has cost you the most $$ in SnGs?

Impatience.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:05 AM

At $5? (Hey. I've been playing poker since February and started playing for money online this past week. I'm up from $100 to $180.49. I know it's nothing special, given the calibre of my opponents at the level I play, but at $5 it gives me a very comfy cushion if my luckbox goes South for a few tourneys.)

1. Overplaying AT late in the game. I've blown 3 chip leads because of this and finished 2nd - 3rd even though I had been outplaying everyone earlier on and hitting the odd card.

2. Playing middle PP too aggressively early in tourneys from early positin. I have a hard time playing set-it-or-forget poker with 88+.

3. Calling a calling station's reraise with the aforemention AT (He had been playing extremely loose, sloppy poker, but he wasn't much of a raiser). Flop cam T-rag-rag rainbow, and I ended up all-in at the flop, only to be staring down the barrel of QQ.

4. Going on tilt when I accumulate a comfortable chip lead, only to face a run of extremely rotten cards afterwards. (I once had close to 30 hands where the best I saw was Q9o. Uh...Yeah. Learning to avoid tilt in situations like that will require a couple years of disciplined poker.)
Old 06-16-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in hands from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2005, 11:07 AM

Looking at my stats for the 55s I seem to finish in 3rd and 4th too often. I make it to the 4 player bubble 55% of the time, which I think is very good. But once there I should get ITM 75% of the time, but I only get there 73% of the time. When I'm in 3rd I should get to 1-2 2/3rds of the time, but I'm at 60%. Though I guess I make this up with the fact that once HU I win 57% of the time.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:08 AM

Oh yeah. Wireless connection + laptop + HDTV = LEAK!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:11 AM

Actually, this has probably been my biggest leak lifetime. But I fixed it along time ago. This one is huge.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:11 AM

"Unregister"
Old 06-16-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I make it to the 4 player bubble 55% of the time, which I think is very good. But once there I should get ITM 75% of the time, but I only get there 73% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think that you can call this a leak without more information. If you are getting to the bubble with less than 1/4 of the chips (on average) then making the money only 73% of the time should not be unexpected.

Perhaps your good play has allowed you to survive to the bubble more often than lesser players but some of these times you are inevitably shorter stacked.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at my stats for the 55s I seem to finish in 3rd and 4th too often. I make it to the 4 player bubble 55% of the time, which I think is very good. But once there I should get ITM 75% of the time, but I only get there 73% of the time. When I'm in 3rd I should get to 1-2 2/3rds of the time, but I'm at 60%. Though I guess I make this up with the fact that once HU I win 57% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.... don't most winning players have this kind of breakdown of their finish distrib? You take percentage points away from the 75% of ITM, 66% for top 2, and it gets distributed into the 1st's (50%). Finishing in 4th and 3rd often means you are agressive in accumulating chips, which help you win when it gets HU. If that is a leak, then i need to work on my game, because my finish distrib is much flatter. 70% chance when 4 handed for ITM, 55% chance when 3 handed for HU, and 55% cheance when HU for 1st.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:42 PM

Right, well that was all I could find when I looked at my stats [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. That was pretty much the conclusion I came to, but I was wondering if anyone here disagreed. True, I almost never go out quietly on the bubble and usually go out with my pants down stealing with 84o and someone finally makes a bold call with K7o. So I'm either out of have a stack going into final three.