Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 06:55 PM

Default 15/30 weak ace vs. 3 bettor

8 handed online game. Cutoff is slightly overaggressive preflop, but is a smart player postflop.

I raise in late middle with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], i'm 3 bet by the cutoff, folded to me, I call.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I check call the flop.

the turn blanks, I check intending to call, he checks.

the river blanks, i check without really having an intention except maybe folding, he checks.

Am i gaining or losing by not making some sort of semibluff raise at some point in this hand? I feel like c-r the flop is standard, but it feels to me like I'm getting called down by the vast majority of his 3 betting hands.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:12 AM

Default Re: 15/30 weak ace vs. 3 bettor

[ QUOTE ]
Am i gaining or losing by not making some sort of semibluff raise at some point in this hand? I feel like c-r the flop is standard, but it feels to me like I'm getting called down by the vast majority of his 3 betting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would get more responses if you didn't ask such complicated questions. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- weatherly
Old 10-11-2005, 07:56 AM

having the nut hearts on that kind of board would try to make me fold AJ or something if I can. I probably try to spray the flop and hope he folds by the river
Old 10-11-2005, 09:42 AM

I think it's going to cost a lot to fold ace high in this hand. If he's smart he will know that T96 two tone is just as likely to be a flop that gave you a draw then made your hand, in fact more so. But I don't play this high blah blah...

-SmileyEH