Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Will somebody tell me how to play A9 Suited from late position.

Do I take it as a premium hand and raise, or call looking for a flush draw on the flop etc.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Will somebody tell me how to play A9 Suited from late position.

Both lines are acceptable, given the correct circumstances.

(Wow. That was a verbose "It depends.")

My immediate thought is to tell you to please read Harrington on Holdem: Vol. 1. He covers so much basic material and he'll show you how to approach your decision.

In order to get more help from the players here, it's generally best to post an actual hand. The difficulty with your question is that it really cannot be answered in a vacuum. A hand history would provide the kind of circumstantial information necessary to begin thinking about what to do.

-D.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:34 PM

If it is passed to you, I would usually raise. If there is already a limper and the money is reasonably deep, I would generally limp. Raising limpers with A9s is aggressive, but playable. If I have 10-25xBB, I would generally fold with limpers in the pot. If I am real short stacked, I might push at limpers. If I have less than 10xBB and it is passed to me in late position, I would push.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it is passed to you, I would usually raise. If there is already a limper and the money is reasonably deep, I would generally limp. Raising limpers with A9s is aggressive, but playable. If I have 10-25xBB, I would generally fold with limpers in the pot. If I am real short stacked, I might push at limpers. If I have less than 10xBB and it is passed to me in late position, I would push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FOITNOF,
-D.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I take it as a premium hand and raise, or call looking for a flush draw on the flop etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many players at the table? What are the blinds/antes? How many callers/raisers? What are their chip levels? How many chips do you have? How many chips do the SB and BB have? How close to a payout are you? What is your image? Do the players in the blind defend? And on. And on.

Every hand is a different situation. There is no one correct way to play A9s that applies universally.