Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Office pet peeves (rant here)

speaking of work, how can i prevent the party windows from popping to the front when it's my turn to act? I could triple my hourly wage and be less productive at the same time. that is the goal.

ifucking hate the people in the offices around me, goddamit it's obvious i don't want to talk to you so shut the hell up.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:52 AM

Why does the machine say paper jam, when there is no paper jam? Piece of [censored]!!!!!!!

On a serious note, I have this dude that I hate. He comes in at like 10:00 so his lunch is different from mine. I sometimes eat at my desk. He walks over to ask a question, and just hangs around waiting for me to come to his computer and answer. I am like motherfucker you see the food, you know I am eating. He does this [censored] when I am on the phone also. He drives a VW rabbit, I am pretty sure he is gay.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:55 AM

At my old office there was a really cute girl, I think she was from Hong Kong. She wore grandma panties instead of something more "fitting".

Very disappointing.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:08 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

This is my biggest one as well, other than my daily suppression of homicidal rage on elevators. I like eating at my desk, it affords me the opportunity to read the internet without hiding it. Leave me the [censored] alone when you see food here!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does the machine say paper jam, when there is no paper jam? Piece of [censored]!!!!!!!

On a serious note, I have this dude that I hate. He comes in at like 10:00 so his lunch is different from mine. I sometimes eat at my desk. He walks over to ask a question, and just hangs around waiting for me to come to his computer and answer. I am like motherfucker you see the food, you know I am eating. He does this [censored] when I am on the phone also. He drives a VW rabbit, I am pretty sure he is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, I hate that too.

How about the Former Superstar?

This is the person that used to be "Regional Manager for blah blah blah" 100 years ago so obviously they know how to do everything better than you do. So what if they're now the mail clerk. stfu, just because I'm young and you're ancient doesn't mean you know how to do my job better than I do.

You know, come to think of it, if eveyone in my office would just stfu, it would be a happier place.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of work, how can i prevent the party windows from popping to the front when it's my turn to act?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best solution I have found is to find an application with an "always on top" feature. Both GroupWise and older versions of WinZip have this. Just turn "always on top" on (right click on the icon in the toolbar), and then maximise it when boss comes in, etc. This will stay on top of the party screen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since this one's near and dear to my heart this morning, I'm gonna rant about the Office Talker. She's the one who never stfu's, always flitting around the office gossiping about [censored] that nobody cares about. She's the one who will start talking to you about her weekend even if you have headphones on...aka leave-me-the-[censored]-alone earmuffs.

Her colleagues even tell her frequently, "I can never find you at your desk" or "Everytime I come over here, you're talking with someone else." But it doesn't even register with her that maybe she should shut the hell up sometimes, sit her fat ass down, and actually do work.

And it's especially painful when she's in the cube next to you.

B i t c h, die.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have a neighbor that would talk nonstop. You couldnt get a word in edgewise without her talking over you. It became clear to me very quickly that my job was just to listen.

So to be neighborly every time I saw her I would give her exactly one minute of my time. The funniest part was that she caught on that she only had a minute so she would start talking faster and faster so she could get it all out and I would stand there and smile and glance down at my watch and her head would explode.

Ahhh good times.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
same qualities, but a dude and hes one of those guys -- no matter what you have done or someone that you know has done, hes done something better and faster

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so he posts to OOT? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
speaking of work, how can i prevent the party windows from popping to the front when it's my turn to act?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best solution I have found is to find an application with an "always on top" feature. Both GroupWise and older versions of WinZip have this. Just turn "always on top" on (right click on the icon in the toolbar), and then maximise it when boss comes in, etc. This will stay on top of the party screen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant. I love you man!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:38 PM

You guys have all inspired me to drop out of school and become a degenerate poker player for the rest of my life.