Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Choose your own adventure.

[ QUOTE ]
turn: Ace hits and he keeps betting - shows he's not scared of that ace, no one here advocates a check-fold? I think you're behind here against a weak ace and have two outs. Either fold or c/r attempting to get him to fold.

river: I put him on an ace - based on your line, looks like a flush draw, so I think he will check behind. I say push hoping for a call

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, that ace had an impact. He bets $25 into a huge pot here. He's either a) afraid that ace made hero's hand improve, or b) he's being tricky and hoping that hero wanted to checkraise....it's really a decision between those 2 things. The problem with raising is that it could be option b instead of option a, and if it is option a, we are ahead anyway and don't want to necessarily run him off. The only hand that villain could possibly have with option a that we want to fold is KK or f a flush draw.

I didn't get to voice my opinion on the turn, but I favor a call I guess....hate to raise here and be faced with a push, but I also hate to give a cheap card to someone with a flush draw...however I offered him a free card and he charged himself $25 so I'm not sure he's drawing here...I think he might have flopped a set but because of our preflop reraise he thinks we have AAA.

River - Given this action I'd probably go for the checkraise all in....I don't think he's got a flush.