Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Bigslick789 owned me bad.

Aight. For those who don't play Pokerstars enough to know, Bigslick789 is one of the "top" players on the site, 2nd or so on the yearly TLB, and kicks a lot of ass overall. I don't know his handle on other sites.

Anyways, this hand came up in the 50 rebuy about a week ago, I've been meaning to post it, but haven't gotten around to it. The 50 rebuy happens every day at around 3:30 pm, and overall its a fairly tough tournament. The shark-donk ratio is kind of high. At one point in the tournament I was at a table with The Shrike, SamENole, and TheBeat, hmm...

Now onto the hand. 150 or so entered, we're down to final two tables, 15 left I think. Top 18 paid, but obviously real cash is up at the top 3. Blinds are 1500/3000, and stacks are pretty deep, and me and slick are the two bigstacks. He is directly to my right and we both have been taking turns stealing quite a bit, with a lot of success. He has about 170,000, I have about 110,000. I have played with him a few times before, and I have a decent idea of how he plays. If he has notes on me, they probably are loose aggressive, or lunatic maybe.

7 handed, its folded to him in the CO, he raises to 9k. I'm on the button and I reraise to 24k with T8o. Blinds insta fold, and Bigslick789 immediatly pushes. I mean, INSTA-pushes. I actually think he's pretty weak, but I obviously can't call. I pretend to think for about 10 seconds, then fold. He shows 87o to the table after I fold.

All the railbirds ooo and ahhh, good times.

Just a good example of showing how to play the big stack, and how a good read on a player can take you far.

So yeah. Bigslick789 kicked my ass.

edit: Hey, MLG, catchy enough title for ya?