Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear one if they didn't
Yes 2 11.11%
No 16 88.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Thoughts

Let's look at this from a few different point of views.

CO's POV-

Let's see, we have an EP Limper, UTG+2 raises 5x - but he's been a little LAGGY. 1500 to me, my stack is 6000. I can't call for set value and any reraise make me PC'd. I might put UTG+2 on a range like 66+, AJ+, A9s+ - so my push range having 20BBs is probably 77/88+, AQ+.

Button's POV -

I think that UTG+2's range is 66+, AJ+, A9s+ and CO's range is 77/88+, AQ+. Since I'm going to be committing at least 2/3 of my stack to this pot and there are already 2 decent hands in front of me and an EP limper yet to act, I think my range needs to be at least TT+/AK.

My POV-

I have CO on 77+/AQ+ and I have button on TT+/AK. I think that if button had TT or JJ he would push to try to isolate against CO and discourage a call from me, but with AA/KK I think he would call to encourage me into the pot - so I discount him having TT/JJ and QQ because I have QQ.

If I fold I still have 10500 chips (around 32BBs) and maintain my table chip lead.

Of course if I push and win I'll have a top 5 stack and probably be able to cruise to a nice money finish.

If I push and lose I'll be down to 10BBs and be into push/fold mode.

Hmmm... WSID? (results to follow)
Old 10-27-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
I have button on TT+/AK. I think that if button had TT or JJ he would push to try to isolate against CO and discourage a call from me, but with AA/KK I think he would call to encourage me into the pot - so I discount him having TT/JJ and QQ because I have QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:21 PM

I think those ranges are a bit on the loose side for this stage of the tournament, but as you say a fold leaves you in fine shape with you still dominating the table.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 PM

Yeah, I agree - but considering my table image I think the ranges I gave are about right - especially considering that CO can not reraise me without being PC'd. If I was playing my normal TAG game I'd say the ranges would be much tighter.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Fold QQ PF Poll

[ QUOTE ]
I would need a read that button is a moron to make this call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Results

As I mentioned earlier I felt that Btn had KK or AA with a smaller chance at TT-QQ or AK and considering my large stack status I decided not to gamble and I folded after using up my allotted time.

CO showed QQ (same hand as mine) and BTN showed AKo. QQ held up. I typed "QQ" in the chat box and somebody else typed "That is the only hand that should have taken so long to decide" which I thought was an accurate assessment.

I should also mention that after admitting that I folded QQ PF I was able to pickoff several bluffs after that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]