Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

I had something like this happen to me last night. I had AA and I worked an worked the pot. Yet some goober sucked out on me at the river. I did all the work, but I didn't get paid! Life sucks. I sympathize with you entirely.

I have conveniently forgotten all the times I sucked out on someone else. They deserved it, for thinking their AA could beat my 54o. I notice you too have conveniently forgotten all the times you were overtipped. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I consistently make 18-20%

[/ QUOTE ]

then this is just variance. in the long run youll make 18-20%. sometimes more, sometimes less. but it doesnt really matter.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I consistently make 18-20% myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this typical for Applebees?

If so, I think I should reduce my average tip from 17% to 13%. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:28 AM

Do you know what this is?

It’s the world’s smallest violin, playing just for the waiters.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I consistently make 18-20%

[/ QUOTE ]

then this is just variance. in the long run youll make 18-20%. sometimes more, sometimes less. but it doesnt really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This post is the equivalent of a bad beat post. You didn't get tipped. It sucks. Get over it.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:29 AM

Class.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No, he pays taxes. When you ring in a meal, it gets tallied. So lets say that at the end of the work week, you have $1000 in meals. You have to declare at least 8% or the IRS comes looking for you. So that means you need to declare at least $80 in tips. Whether or not you get tipped, you need to declare $80. So when you are a cheap bastard and don't tip, you cost your server money.
BTW-If you continually only declare 8%, the IRS WILL come looking for you. Most do 10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] all that. I mean, I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips. That's [censored] up but that ain't my fault. I mean, it would appear that waitresses are one of the many groups that the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. I mean, if you show me a piece of paper that says the government shouldn't do that I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. I've got two words for that: learn to [censored] type. 'Cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big [censored] surprise.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:39 AM

That is absolutely wrong what they did. I always tip 20% regardless of the service. Tell you what, give me ur pokerstars id and I'll send u $10.

Indy
Old 10-15-2005, 10:40 AM

DasLeben, that blows. I waited tables for two years in college and one after. While I don't think anyone left me literally NOTHING like in this situation, I would've been livid. I absolutely would've walked outside to ask someone what the F? Like, "Hey, guys, was there a problem with the service?"

Those of you who are blaming it on the waiters for having crappy jobs, or going the whole "it's disctretionary" route, are completely full of crap. I only hope you're doing the internet big-talking and don't actually do this ever, because if you do you are a douchebag of epic proportions. I don't care what your [censored] "rights" are, if the go to a restaurant and the waiter doesn't take a [censored] in your food and you don't tip ANYTHING, you are a cockhole.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:41 AM

Waaaaaaaaaay too easy.