Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: still learning is this wrong call or bad beat?

AJo in early position is my biggest losing hand. I fecking hate it.

That said, I still normally raise.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:15 AM

How do we know he has a set? You'll see AK or KQ often here.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it very marginal to raise AJo from EP? Especially in that limit where there are usually lots of people seeing the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was just yesterday a bunch of threads here about AJo in EP. Including a poll.

I raise AJo UTG 100% of the time.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:54 PM

i was guessing on the set because hw only limped for called several times but has always raised no matter what the action to him with a pp even 22. I figured he would not reraise so much because of the high cards on the board unless he hit the set. It could have been AA or a flush draw but he did not chase many striaghts or flushes for the 50 or so hands he was at the table. It may have been a wrong read but based on what he has been playing/raising that was what I assumed.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:04 PM

He didn't reraise on the flop, he bet when everyone checked to him. The last preflop aggressor bets (and frequently raises) on the flop virtually every time. You are telling us that when everyone says, "We have nothing" and then he bets it means he has at least the 3rd nuts at the time? This is seeing monsters under the bed. To me his bet on the flop says,"I got dealt 2 cards" and nothing more than that. Given his preflop 3 bet I would have a range of hands for him. According to your read he could have any PP (just curious, if he didn't continue to bet or call after the flop with unimproved pocket pairs, how did you know he was raising them every time preflop?) AK, and possibly AQ (highly read dependent). I say he bets any of these on the flop once everyone has checked to him.. The pot is huge so your call is correct. Great, you have the nuts on the turn so raise every chance you get. However, trips has a strong redraw (9 outs) and since the pot is huge, he is probably correct to draw out on you if he indeed has trips. His raising on the turn is clearly incorrect if he has trips and knows you have the straight, but he certainly should see the end once you reraise.

In the future, don't post the outcome, only post the hand up until the decision you have trouble with, that way we can examine it objectively the way you did when you were playing. Knowing the outcome, it is hard to be objective about what bets and raises are correct.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:28 PM

Why do you put the button on a set (KK or TT) simply because he 3-bet PF and bet when checked to on the flop? No reason to fear a set based on that.

Oh, and you didn't cap on the turn - you only 3-bet. It's hard to analyze the way you've written it. Use the convertor.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:37 PM

Also, how many people were calling to the showdown on the river?

If there were more players in the hand, would it be correct to raise the river? I mean, the guy does have the nut straight. The button would probably play AA, AK, or KQ the same way (of course depending on his style).
Old 03-08-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise AJo UTG 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]