Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2003, 04:28 PM

Default final table hand- NL HE

Hi,

I'm playing in a NL HE local tournament. We're at the final table, 8 players remain, 5 get paid.

The blinds just went to 1-2K and I have 4500 left. I've been meaning to move in several times in the last 1-2 orbits, but either I get crap against Big Blinds that will call with anything (as they should) or somebody raises in front of me (and I have to muck)when the Big Blinds could muck even for an extra 2.5K.

So I'm UTG+2 and the player UTG+1 limps. He's not a very strong player (he had about 8k). I'm sure he raises with an ace or a big king or a medium pair. So, my guess is he has a small pair or a hand like JT or even 98s.

I look down and find QTs. Really, the only hand I think he could have to limp here that dominates me is QJ.

I move in my stack. The BB calls and he calls. Anyway, I bust and he shows 66.

I knew it was close, but I was likely ahead (3:2) or slightly behind (small pair). I was thinking that if the BB folds (it could have happened with these players), my equity is pretty darn attractive. And I'm going to have to play one of the next three hands anyway.

My question is basically if you like the play considering the limper with a marginal hand. IMO, it's an automatic play if I were the first in.

Comments?
Old 07-30-2003, 08:48 AM

Default anyone?

Old 07-30-2003, 09:39 AM

Default Re: final table hand- NL HE

You're all but blinded out in 3 hands and this may be the best hand you see. If you fold here you're going to have to play any 2 above average cards on the next hand. You're suited and there's 2.5 big blinds in the pot. I'd do the same thing.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:52 PM

Default Re: final table hand- NL HE

I would have done the same thing 10 times out of 10.