Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Lost with J/9s on the flop

Ok so the plan was to CR but it gets raised to me. There is two to a flush and the board is pair with my TP decent at best kicker. Easy lay down?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Button checks.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Lost with J/9s on the flop

I think i'm betting into the PFR on the flop. when it comes back I'm either 3-betting if I think button might fold overcards or folding, I think it is close.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:00 PM

This is not a flop that you want to CR. Your hand is vulnerable to overcards and checkraising only traps people between the button and yourself, while bloating the pot and increasing the chances that there will be multiple participants at showdown. You want to bet into the button and hope he raises overcards so that the field will have to face 2 cold and hopefully they will fold leaving you HU with the button.

Good flop fold based on your line.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a flop that you want to CR. Your hand is vulnerable to overcards and checkraising only traps people between the button and yourself, while bloating the pot and increasing the chances that there will be multiple participants at showdown. You want to bet into the button and hope he raises overcards so that the field will have to face 2 cold and hopefully they will fold leaving you HU with the button.

Good flop fold based on your line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I understand.. But you bet he raises and they fold. It's back to you do you 3-bet or just call.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok I understand.. But you bet he raises and they fold. It's back to you do you 3-bet or just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

call the raise, bet any non-flush turn.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:08 PM

For sure bet out this flop. After BB's Raise, I just call.

I don't wanna 3-bet and let someone with a 3 hide behind our raises.

A heart is a bad card for you, the flush draws are really common in hands like this.