Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: So, how many girls?
10+ 16 3.98%
9 1 0.25%
8 0 0%
7 1 0.25%
6 3 0.75%
5 6 1.49%
4 13 3.23%
3 28 6.97%
2 52 12.94%
1 111 27.61%
0 171 42.54%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Splitting the MTT Forum

I'll go one step further and say that I'm totally guilty of the elitest practice of scanning only the poster's name before opening the post. It's terrible, I know.

I'm in the same boat as Che lately (work, not playing a lot, etc..) so I haven't been posting much. I think that this forum is pretty good and there isn't really a good way to split it that accomplishes segregating out the begginer questions from the intermediate/advanced topics. Splitting it vis a vis buy-in isn't gonna cut it.

Here's one vote for status quo.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll go one step further and say that I'm totally guilty of the elitest practice of scanning only the poster's name before opening the post. It's terrible, I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I may chime in, I agree, that is terrible ... and I've been getting very frustrated over this. My last X posts have got a grand total of 1 reply, and thanks to the 1 guy, but that really sucks. I know none of you guys are obligated to post at all, but when you guys say "post hands/theoretical questions so we can analyze them in order to assist in improving your game" then you don't respond to them, well, you know where I'm going with this.

/end rant
Old 12-24-2005, 08:55 AM

Might as well throw my 2 cents into the pile.

I don't post here very often but the information I have picked up from reading other people's post has been priceless. I have been doing very well over the past few months and I attribute much of that sucess to the people and posts I have come across in this forum. So while I'm posting let me add a huge thank you. Generally I don't post a response because by the time I read the OP 2 or 3 people have responded with something close to what I would have said and I don't see anyone benefiting by my being redundant.

I generally look at the title and then open the posts that seem interesting. When I post- anywhere on 2+2- I try and jam as much info as possible into the title. I have found the more specific my title the better the quality of responses.

My conclusion is that there is no natural/logical point where you would be able to split the forum. On the other hand if the forum was split then I would just visit both - after all if I am going to stroll through 100 posts in the quest to find something to read/respond to it doen't really matter if it is 100 post in 1 forum or 50 post in 2 forums.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:52 AM

can I get an Amen? I agree. in my last post (this one ) I had to self-bump to get a past two responses. (Lloyd did). I mean, I don't think it's a HORRIBLE hand, it's mildy interesting, and I've got different lines on it from my playing friends. Heck, I chime in and offer my opinion on hands quite often.

Note my earlier post. I bumped to get it to the front page. Everyone should switch to get 30 posts or so on the front, IMHO.
Closed Thread