Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Hand For Review, AKs capped 4 way pot

I don't know what to think of this hand so any comment appreciated,No reads on anyone since i'm new a the table except for CO that just 3bet my AKo 2 hands ago with AJo, I ussualy just call with AKs in this spot PF but i was hoping to push MP3 out of the pot.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

River: (12.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.75 BB, between CO and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (20.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP3 shows Td Kd (straight, ace high).
CO shows Qc Ah (full house, queens full of aces).
Outcome: CO wins 20.75 BB. </font>

I know i've got the odds the chase my gutshot especially for 1 bet, but at the time i just couldn't see what I was ahead of and felt like i was getting trapped , my other outs don't seem all that clean .should i have called the turn bet and reevaluate on the river?obviously in this hand i would have folded to the river action had i stayed in.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Hand For Review, AKs capped 4 way pot

Why doesn't the CO raise the flop or at least the turn. I guess he could have gotten at least two more BB if he had.

Why didn't you bet the turn when it hit you? Were you playing for the ten after you saw three players call your bet on the flop? I would have bet the turn, because you bet the flop and the turn hit you. But it looks like you definitaly made the right call by claiming that you were being trapped and did not lose anymore money.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:22 PM

Check folding that turn is very weak/tight IMO. I would lead out and call a raise. You ran into a couple of monster hands this time but that is the exception, not the norm. The Ace on the turn was not a bad card for you. And even if you are beat at that point (which is no where near a given) you have outs. And given that you already saw CO 3-bet with a hand that should have been folded (AJo) I think you need to at the very least take this to a showdown.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:41 PM

Had i been alone againts the CO i'm always calling him down,its having the other guy along that threw me off,and you're right it does look a bit weak tight to fold(i ussualy end up doing the opposite never folding when i should)and thats why i posted the hand,i was ahead of AJ-KK and loosing to JJ-QQ-AA,AQ seems there a good chance in a 4-way capped flop someone had one of those?And yes i pretty much was going for a ten since i didn't think my A's or K's would be clean, Had i tought so i'm calling down/raising.And BTW why do you think this time is the exception "i'm ran into monster hands"?I havent been playing all that long on PP but at my last 11K hands on PP 1/2 and the average see flop is 34.89%,certanly beatable without too much effort but not the fish heaven the .50/1 is. i play alot in the afternoon and tables will on a regular basis flop &lt; 30%