Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2004, 12:33 PM

Default Hands from 2+2 Micro Table

I was roaming aroung the forum late last nigh when i saw the thread for the game,since it was still running even at 2:30am i decided to sit and loose a few bucks to 2+2ers. After sitting down i was told they did not like lurkers that read but did not post so here's my first one [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], as far as reads go everybody fits the TAG profile bordering on LAG for some,syndrome seems to increase as they get near the button! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

River: (16.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (18.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac As (two pair, aces and kings).
CO shows Kh Kc (four of a kind, kings).
Outcome: CO wins 18.75 BB. </font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (13.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9h Ah (flush, ace high).
Button shows Ac Ks (two pair, kings and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.50 BB. </font>
Old 05-21-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Hands from 2+2 Micro Table

Can't remember if I was still there then. If someone said that about lurkers, they were just kidding. Don't sweat it. Welcome to the forum.

Hand 1: Not much you can do the way that table plays. Villain probably plays AK the same way. But, if you are going to cap the turn (I probably would not have), you need to lead the river.

Hand 2: Keep the gas pedal down on this one. If he had a set (and thus now a boat) he would have 3-bet you on the turn.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:19 PM

Hi I was THE_RED_RAIN from last night. I believe you lost hand one to my friend vrcThump. He was telling me about a hand I missed where he had quad Kings.

In both hands it seems you are playing a bit fancy with check then raising after taking the lead in both hands on the flop. But then slow down on the river thinking of the worst, not horrible on first hand but the second you are losing only to a full house.

Hand 1: Why did you check river, were you that sure the button would bet with a hand that couldn't beat yours that you check/raise?

Hand 2: I don't think you have any reason to believe you have lost and not bet the river unless once again you knew the button would bet.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After sitting down i was told they did not like lurkers that read but did not post so here's my first one

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone said that, I was just wondering what your 2+2 handle was..nothing wrong with just being a lurker [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Hand 1: Bet the turn, the flop raise/turn check smells of a c/r and I doubt CO is going to bet without a strong hand. Bet and hope he plays back at you so you can 3-bet. If he caps then check/call the river or bet and call a raise.

Hand 2: Having this river checked through would be a disaster, only make this move if you are certain button would have bet when checked to.

Welcome to the forums!
Old 05-21-2004, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone said that, I was just wondering what your 2+2 handle was..nothing wrong with just being a lurker [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well someone did say that but they were kidding and so am i..of course no hard feeling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: Bet the turn, the flop raise/turn check smells of a c/r and I doubt CO is going to bet without a strong hand. Bet and hope he plays back at you so you can 3-bet. If he caps then check/call the river or bet and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point about the c/r, i'd been watching the game about 5 mins before i sat down and guys were going crazy raising and re-raising, this was like my 6th hand and i figured the way this table is playing somebody's gonna bet.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: Having this river checked through would be a disaster, only make this move if you are certain button would have bet when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually i was expecting button the bet this one,i initally put him on a raise/steal pre-flop but once he capped it i knew he had a hand(usual suspects QQ-AA+AK) i ruled out kk when he did't cap the flop, in retrospect i'm not exactly sure how i came to the conclusion that he would bet the remaning hands at the river on that board but it was like 3am and i just wanted to sit down an play with excellent players since i'd read about this table a few times but i work thrusday nights and its ussualy over by the time i'm relaxed and ready to play.