Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Good weekend for me PS tourneys (brag)

Saturday: After busting out of the Barcelona EPT sat that I qualified for, I liked the structure so much (start 2500, 30 min blinds), I decided to buy in to the Austria qualifier.
It got down to last 6- top 5 got a $6000 package to Austria
6th place: $100
I was the short stack all in with QQ against JJ, I held up and was golden from there.

Sunday: I'd qualified for the $1050 WCOOP #8 and ended up taking 12th out of 1790 for $13,500. I was bummed about missing the final table and the $12,000 increase but I'm still happy overall. I took out ZeeJustin when it folded to him in the sb and he pushed 98o into my KK on the bb.

Anyway, I can't [censored] wait to go to Europe. I'll be missing classes for a week, so any idea as to what to tell the professors?
Old 09-12-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Good weekend for me PS tourneys (brag)

[ QUOTE ]
Saturday: After busting out of the Barcelona EPT sat that I qualified for, I liked the structure so much (start 2500, 30 min blinds), I decided to buy in to the Austria qualifier.
I was the short stack all in with QQ against JJ, I held up and was golden from there.

Sunday: I'd qualified for the $1050 WCOOP #8 and ended up taking 12th out of 1790 for $13,500. I was bummed about missing the final table and the $12,000 increase but I'm still happy overall. I took out ZeeJustin when it folded to him in the sb and he pushed 98o into my KK on the bb.

Anyway, I can't [censored] wait to go to Europe. I'll be missing classes for a week, so any idea as to what to tell the professors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats man. Tell me more about these satellites/major tourneys? Dates? Times? What site did you qualify through? How did you qualify for the bigger satellites, etc.

Tell your professors that you qualified for a major tournament and have a good chance to become a millionaire. They'll understand.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be missing classes for a week, so any idea as to what to tell the professors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell them you will not be attending class that week. Tell them why if you choose, otherwise not. You control how you invest your time, not your professors.

Congratulations,
Che
Old 09-12-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be missing classes for a week, so any idea as to what to tell the professors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell them you're playing a poker tournament on the European Poker Tour. It's an interesting talking point at the very least.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, tell them you're researching game theory and statistics in a hands-on environment.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats man. Tell me more about these satellites/major tourneys? Dates? Times? What site did you qualify through? How did you qualify for the bigger satellites, etc.

Tell your professors that you qualified for a major tournament and have a good chance to become a millionaire. They'll understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all at PokerStars.

For the EPT events there is a direct qualifier, entry is $380. The packages are worth around $6000 depending on the country (including a $1000 spending cash and $5000 entry fee). The one I played, top 5 advance out of 85 entrants. You don't get extra money for flight/lodging it's all part of the $1000 which isn't enough.
Anyway, they run those sats Saturdays and Sundays I believe and all week you can play super sats to qualify for the $380 sat. The super sats are something like $30R MTT or a SNG for $50. I originally qualified to the Barcelona sat through a $30R or something but busted out of it and bought into the Austria one starting 10 min. later. The structure for the big $380 sat is sweet and long.

The $1050 WCOOP I played $139 SNG's and got 2nd,4th, and 1st. 2nd pretty much gets entry back 1st advances, so I don't remember exactly, but I think I spent about $300 to get into the $1050 yesterday.