Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 01:51 AM

Default Ace High Flush, Paired Board, River Action?

Reads: SB loose passive
MP Loose, average agg

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero ???

I'm calling MP's 3bet without hesitation but when i comes back 2 cold to me on the river i feel like loosing my lunch(passive sb's lead-cap on that board felt bad)whats my river play?
Old 12-28-2004, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Ace High Flush, Paired Board, River Action?

I think most of the time your flush is good. Expect to be shown a a straight, a lone six and/or a lower flush. Call the river bet.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:54 AM

given the turn action, i'll call here. you've got 4 to a straight on the board, and someone else may have caught a runner runner flush as well.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:04 AM

You HAVE to call here. There is no other choice. You have a nut flush that was made runner runner. Id say you have at least a 66% chance at winning this hand. I would expect this kind of action out of a straight and slow played trips. If you are up against a full house, so be it. But with 18 BB in the pot, you MUST find out the hard way.

With medium to large sized pots, I wouldnt raise a river unless you are willing to call a cap.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:09 AM

Call. Your probably up against a weaker flush. Based on the action the only hands I see as a threat are 7,7 and 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 12-28-2004, 02:25 AM

Pretty easy call. Sometimes you're going to be shown a boat and lose a huge pot, but you beat straights, trips, and lower flushes, all of which many people would go crazy with on the river.