Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Flop nut flush- How to extract the most bets?

Thanx to all for the replies, I'll bet out on this flop most of the time but against this particular table i was getting a lot of respect(if that's even possible on a 1/2 table) so slowplaying seemed right. On the turn i'm going for the overcall mainly beacause the post was so small(3BB) and raising here screams slowplayed flush I figured this way there was a very good chance i could get them to call the turn bets and river bets while raising will often leave me h2h with BB who at that point could have had anything and was not garanteed to call.In hindsight the way turn developed after i overcalled i should have probably raised this river.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:33 PM

Absolutely raise the river. You'll be raising into a guy who raised the turn, and could possible get a chance to three-bet.

Even if you're right some of the time, if UTG+2 calls the raise you collect one more bet but lose the two from MP3 and BB. That's -1 than you would have assuming your read is dead on. But some of the time, much of the time, at least one will call along with UTG+2, and some of the time both will call, and some of the time you'll get into another raising war.

Raising the river seems like the easy move.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:35 PM

I think you played the pot pretty well. I might have raised the river instead of the call but it seems as if you had the players pegged. Good work.
Ryan
Old 07-30-2004, 05:10 PM

Bet, bet, bet. I've slowplayed hands like this too many times and seen the turn come Q and the river come 9.

Case in point:

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Slowplaying Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Slowplaying Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Slowplaying Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Slowplaying Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Slowplaying Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (19.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Slowplaying Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Slowplaying Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 26.50 BB, between BB and Slowplaying Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (26.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Qh 5c (full house, fives full of queens).
Slowplaying Hero shows Kd Jd (flush, king high).
Outcome: BB wins 26.50 BB. </font>
Maybe BB wouldn't have folded his bottom pair to 2 cold, but he should've and I never gave him the chance.