Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 01:23 AM

Default I can\'t fold this on the river right....??

Both opponents in this hand are really loose, play pretty much any two cards, raising with anythig or nothing(one of them raised 2 EP limpers with 74o a few hands back)...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Againts normale players i might raise the flop(SB's bet means next to nothing) but there is about 0% chances these guys will fold as they don't know the meaning of scare cards,so my line is i'm going to showdown and expect to win unimproved often vs these two,when it comes back 2 cold to me on the river the writting seems to be on the wall, I can't fold this in this huge pot???
Old 08-05-2004, 01:26 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: I can\'t fold this on the river right....??

if the Ocean came a J, I still wouldn't fold against these morons.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:27 AM

If they are as unpredictable as you say and could be going nuts with a naked K or less, then you have to call. If they usually come to their sences after the flop, I really don't see how your hand can be good the 1 in 9 times or so it needs to be.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:27 AM

BIG GIANT AMAZING NOOOOOO!!!!! as far as I'm concerned. This pot is way to big and conceding that someone has a full house is way to weak I think.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:55 AM

wow. tuff one. i would not fold but i wouldnt feel good about my chances either.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:15 AM

I hate these situations. I would reluctantly call down as well because you could win outright or split with another AQ vs. trip kings. But don't hold your breath.

Maybe they're colluding and they both have crap.