Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: AKo HU OOP against TAG

[ QUOTE ]
I am so confused. Why didn't MP2 bet on the flop? I don't get it. If he was on a flush draw, given that he 3-bets preflop, he surely should've bet out. My guess is he just had Ace high, maybe the turn gave him a flush draw, and he is not that aggressive after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not confused. you are absolutely right.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: AKo HU OOP against TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am so confused. Why didn't MP2 bet on the flop? I don't get it. If he was on a flush draw, given that he 3-bets preflop, he surely should've bet out. My guess is he just had Ace high, maybe the turn gave him a flush draw, and he is not that aggressive after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not confused. you are absolutely right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hated the way this hand played out. But I really doubt he was 3 betting an AQ. It easily could have been an AK though. Any pocket pair and I'm certain he would have bet the flop. My only other reasoning would be he was setting me up for a CR on the Turn after checking the flop.

My mistake was putting myslef into a position to where I had already played the hand in my mind. Call his reraise. CR the flop and lead the turn and he would fold.

Once it got checked through I felt as if I was either behind or in trouble with my Ace high.

I should have considered the AK possibility. But is a 3.75 pot worth tossing in 2 more BB's to see it down against this villain? Either I was outplayed or I was behind but I didn't feel my Ace high was good enough to win.

I just hated this hand and it still bothers me. Thanks for the input it really helped.

~