Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Set Of Jacks, River Decision

UTG is a LAG
SB is a TAG ,knows i'm a TAG

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

River: (24 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ?????
Old 01-13-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Set Of Jacks, River Decision

Only one possible holding has you beat, call when its 2 back to you on the river and call a cap.

UTG+1 and SB are both trying to represent pocket aces and I think one of them must have just rivered their 2 outer, but for the sake of my sanity I would show this down every time in a pot this large.

Edit: I just saw your read on SB as a TAG who knows you're a TAG. Given his action, I strongly consider folding but probably talk myself into spewing a couple more bets for the sake of my sanity.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:49 PM

I am guessing LAG has some fluky 2 pair (Aces up) and SB has the case aces, which puts you in 2nd place. Even then, it is tough to lay that down on the river for 2 bets getting 12-1.

My question- why not cap the flop with the nuts? You know LAG is going to come along for 2 more, and even TAG will pay 1 to see the turn with the pot size.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only one possible holding has you beat, call when its 2 back to you on the river and call a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one *likely* holding has him beat. 43 is the nuts, but the chances of even a LAG having that are about 1%.

It's hard to fold this but SB's line looks insanely like AA. This pot is pretty huge, though, so you might have to suck it up and pay 3 more BB (since it'll get capped).
Old 01-13-2005, 09:11 PM

well you can call or raise, in my opinion. It's going to 4 bets anyways. If one of them spiked their 3rd Ace then so be it.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:31 PM

Folding here is INSANE. Your ahead more then enough to justify calling even if you know the river is getting capped. You could be up against a smaller set and two pair very easily here.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:46 PM

SB is a TAG, I doubt he would 3-bet preflop with 66 or 55.

Seeing as how he woke up on the river, it looks almost exactly like AA. But he could have something like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Folding here is crazy, this is a huge pot and you aren't dead for sure.