Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 02:26 AM

Default Fold 2 pair on the turn?

Button is decent iv'e played a bit with him before, his 3bets ussualy means 1010-AA AQ(K),AJs+,CO is loose and MP is unknown, After button 3bets me pre flop i'm not loving my AJ cause he will have me dominated almost all the time. Initially i liked the flop even tought I would still be behind often vs his hand range and wanted to wait for the turn to make my move vs preflop raiser, but once it gets capped on the flop and again on the turn i don't know where i'm at with MP and button going to war, a good fold here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (15.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

River: (28.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 28.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 28.75 BB, between CO, Button and MP1.</font>
Old 09-28-2004, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Fold 2 pair on the turn?

In light of the river card, I'm sure it probably ended up being a "good fold".

This is a tough hand to take up against a tight raiser and a couple of cold callers. I'm assuming it was some combination of a big PF hand, a flush draw, and/or a set.

If you aren't willing to call a three bet or a cap on the turn, I would've never called the raise cold on the turn. MP 3-bet the flop, and you have to assume he/she is going to do the same on the turn, so I wouldn't call that first raise unless you are going to call the re-raise.

King
Old 09-28-2004, 08:51 AM

Considering how they both checked the river, you have to think his hand might've been good.

-Sent
Old 09-28-2004, 08:55 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you don't win money by folding strong hands at Party 2/4. it's a LAG game and you have to bite the bullet sometimes and call down when your hand is strong, regardless of what they're representing