Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: How straightforward is too straightforward - 2 hands

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, that's a great example of getting a point across through using extremes. And I see your point.

Not to get picky though, but according to the Fundamental Theorem of Poker... didn't the SB play his hand perfectly? Especially if he knew you would not call at any point post flop? What a stud!

[/ QUOTE ]

How could he know? His opponent may have flopped open-ended and would have paid all the way to draw... or opponent may have 33 and also would call down.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, that's a great example of getting a point across through using extremes. And I see your point.

Not to get picky though, but according to the Fundamental Theorem of Poker... didn't the SB play his hand perfectly? Especially if he knew you would not call at any point post flop? What a stud!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a gut feeling, but I think brazilio would have spewed chips all over the place if SB hadn't checked the flop (I know I would have [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).
Old 10-20-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 6-max (5-handed)

Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises</font>, Hero calls

Flop 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks

Turn 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks

SB has 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and wins 7 dollars.

No more discussion needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not getting any money out of you anyways....was that tommy angelo?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Yeah, you guys make good points, and my understanding of the FTOP is not that great...

I'm just saying that in some spots, in a certain context... the sb in the quad 8's hand has to be right according to the FTOP right? Maybe in context and according to brazilios tendencies, the SB misplayed according to the FTOP on the flp and turn.

But against a generally tight player who over defends pf but gives up post, and *certain other types, the sb played his quads perfectly.

*"certain other types" may be someone who would never continue when led into on the flop or turn, but may bet when checked to since he views it as a profitable bluff bet, not a profitable bluff / semi bluff raise or drawing scenario
Old 10-20-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 6-max (5-handed)

Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises</font>, Hero calls

Flop 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks

Turn 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks

SB has 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and wins 7 dollars.

No more discussion needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not getting any money out of you anyways....was that tommy angelo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that reasoning with trying to let me catch up, but not betting the river is atrocious. He has no idea what hand I have, other than I felt it was an ok defense against an SB steal. While it's true he wasn't getting any money out of me, and probably only 1BB on the river even if my gutshot hits, he's missing out on a ton of money. He's just some semidonk I play with frequently in shorthanded shorthanded tables, normal party shorthanded player who can't find a fold.