Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 02:31 PM

Default I Have Officially Become 100% Disillusioned with Bush43

I Have Officially Become 100% Disillusioned with Bush43

I’m a republican/libertarian that voted for Bush43 over Gore and Kerry. Bush43 has done good things for the country but he has done a lot of things which hurt the country.

The Harriet Miers nomination is the straw that broke the camel’s back. BUSH43 IS AN EGOTISTICAL JACKASS PLAYING SANTA CLAUS WITH THE TAX PAYER’s MONEY and he has not lived up to the CONSERVATIVE portion of his so called “compassionate conservative” philosophy.

My Beefs:
*The Farm Bill.
*The Education Bill.
*The Highway Bill.
*Hurricane Katrina give away.
*Prescription Drug Bill.
*Terrible foreign policy towards Russia. Bush has driven Russia into Sino-Russian alliance against the USA.
*Failure to use his veto pen ONCE to curb spending.
*Failure to veto campaign finance reform which restricts political speech 60 days before an election. Bush knowingly violated his oath to uphold the constitution because he acknowledged this bill violated the 1st amendment but signed the bill anyway thinking those nine drooling idiots on the supreme court would overturn it.
*Harriet Miers. Bush thinks he is pandering his base by appointing someone who will overturn Roe v Wade. But she is a terribly weak choice. Like Robert Bork, I don’t want someone who will overturn Roe v Wade because it is immoral/violates her religious views. I want someone who will overturn it because it is bad ruling.
*Illegal Immigration.
*His coddling of some VERY despicable democrat tactics while chastising some of his political allies (e.g. when republicans saying they did not want Roberto Gonzales to be appointed to the supreme court).
*Colin Powell. The US State Department is a piece-of-[censored] and Powell fought to let the State Dept keep the visa program despite the infamous “Visa Express” program which let in numerous terrorists into the USA including 2 of the 19, September 11 hijackers. The last decent head of the State Dept we had was George Schultz. Ironically George Schultz was one of the more popular heads of this dept DESPITE being a Ronald Reagan republican and the majority of the dept opposing Reagan’s foreign policy.

Semi Beefs
*The handling of postwar Iraq (unwillingness to instill martial law to address the lawlessness).
*Failure to address Iran/Syria’s military/financial aid to terrorists in Iraq.
*North Korea.
*Department of homeland security. I’m not a big fan of creating another government department. I’d love to see the education and energy department get eliminated.
*The big money giveaway to Africa to fight AIDS. I think a lot of this money will be sucked into Swiss bank accounts and also I don’t think it is wise to spend this money when the USA has a budget deficit.

Good things.
*Invading Afghanistan.
*Invading Iraq.
*Moving Afghanistan towards an elected government.
*Moving Iraq towards an elected government.
*John Roberts (I hope). I was very impressed that way he handled himself in front of the senate.
*Most of his judicial appointments.

I can’t stand Bush anymore. I can’t wait until his term is over. While I’m at it. I’m sick of his lap-dog, Tom DeLay. He man-handled all these spending bills through congress instead of being a ‘Newt Gingrich’ to control spending. In hindsight I STILL think Gore and Kerry would have been WORSE…….MUCH, MUCH WORSE. But perhaps the Jimmy Carter syndrome would have occurred where the voters rebel and a REAL conservative could have been elected. The only problem was these idiots would have packed the supreme court with more ‘Ruth Bader-Ginsbergs’. Then the country would have been [censored] for the next 20 years.

My rant is over. This is my official Bush43 sucks post. Don’t crow democrats because while I am sick of Bush43, he is better than the best democrat leader you have. I still think the democrats are morally and ethically bankrupt. E.g. Ronnie Earle’s unsavory tactics epitomize the lack of ethics the democrats have.

GEORGE ALLEN in 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: I Have Officially Become 100% Disillusioned with Bush43

I agree with many of your points, Felix, but do you think George Allen or any other major Republican candidate would be much better on many of these issues?

I remember watching former Rep Congressman Joe Scarborough say that since the Republican class of '94 took over Congress, the federal government's education spending has doubled. He gave many other similar examples.

I have very little faith that any Republican will seriously want/be able to cut government spending.

This is why I couldn't care less if Karl Rove goes to prison. This guy is to blame for part of this. It is all about winning elections. To this type of person, principle doesn't matter. Who cares if you promised to do A B or C. It only matters if those things work politically at the moment, promises or principle be damned.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:38 PM

I for the most part loved Term 1 but so far term two has been horrible and I too can't wait for him to leave now. His nomination of Meirs is on par with his father's increase of taxes.

Spending is so absurd it isn't even worth talking about anymore.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:02 PM

This was so predictable. In the first term, the guy is fresh, the memories of the last person to occupy the Oval Office (no, not Monica) are fresh, and things are looking good.

Then the run-up to reelection comes and the whole party gears up for the big reelection push.

But now, there is no election coming, just another 3 1/2 years of continuing the job, and the guy no longer seems fresh.

It is all an illusion. Bush is still doing the job. All attempts by the media to be fair have been set aside, so it seems that all the news is negative. You have to have a lower expectation for a second term, this was true for every 2 termer.

Believe it or not, the biggest impact a President makes comes from all the hidden things he and his appointees do day in and day out year to year. Things like judicial appointments, regulations from the various agencies, etc. I have learned from my personal involvement from years ago that you should ignore the headlines and just sit happily in the knowledge that the right people are plugging away.

And winning in 2008 is so important for the same reason, just having the right people in all those positions. I don't need the drug of being constantly reinforced about how well Bush is doing (which was available in the first term), I know I won't get that from anyone. But I know good things are happening behind the scenes.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was so predictable. In the first term, the guy is fresh, the memories of the last person to occupy the Oval Office (no, not Monica) are fresh, and things are looking good.

Then the run-up to reelection comes and the whole party gears up for the big reelection push.

But now, there is no election coming, just another 3 1/2 years of continuing the job, and the guy no longer seems fresh.

It is all an illusion. Bush is still doing the job. All attempts by the media to be fair have been set aside, so it seems that all the news is negative. You have to have a lower expectation for a second term, this was true for every 2 termer.

Believe it or not, the biggest impact a President makes comes from all the hidden things he and his appointees do day in and day out year to year. Things like judicial appointments, regulations from the various agencies, etc. I have learned from my personal involvement from years ago that you should ignore the headlines and just sit happily in the knowledge that the right people are plugging away.

And winning in 2008 is so important for the same reason, just having the right people in all those positions. I don't need the drug of being constantly reinforced about how well Bush is doing (which was available in the first term), I know I won't get that from anyone. But I know good things are happening behind the scenes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. you are a real step in line type of guy, huh?

I think the "good" behind the scenes is bogus with the Miers Nomination...

-Gryph
Old 10-20-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow. you are a real step in line type of guy, huh?

I think the "good" behind the scenes is bogus with the Miers Nomination...

-Gryph

[/ QUOTE ]

No even there, what is really happening is behind the scenes. You are in for a big surprise. Read more at Redstate.org about what is happening behind the scenes.

When you see it from the inside, you realize that the media tells you nothing about the important stuff. So why get depressed about all the noise about nothing?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:24 PM

Here's what really confuses me about this phenomenon of the right-wing abandoning Bush. As a progressive, left-winger, whatever you want to call it, I felt Bush's first term was an unmitigated disaster (with the exception of the first 4 or 5 weeks after 9/11). Without entering into a debate about it, I felt he was the worst president of my lifetime (Nixon forward).

Now during the second term, I actually feel he has gotten worse, trying to do away with social security, getting more brazen with anti-choice judicial picks, getting even deeper into Iraq by sending more troops, making bankruptcy tougher on more Americans, protecting corporations from lawsuits, giving huge $$$ to the oil industry, treating Katrina like a big corporate welfare opportunity, et cetera.

Given my views, you'd think the right, which usually disagrees with me, would feel better than ever about GWB. But they don't.

So how is that I as a lefty AND you as a righty both feel Bush has failed? Who is it that he is representing? Certainly not the middle. I suspect the only people he truly represents any more are Republican hacks and Country Club conservatives.

It's really amazing what a disaster this guy is. George Allen is intriguing, because he's a fresh face and his dad was pretty cool. Some people have said he's dumb. I truly hope that whoever the GOP nominates in 2008 is a smart guy. Maybe the type of person who'd nominate Jack Kemp to be the VP, sort of following in the Cheney tradition.

Anyway, good luck figuring it all out.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:31 PM

You think Bush is better than Bill Clinton? Even considering he helped balance the budget?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Pre-positioning yourself for when the next round of indictments hits, Felix?

No dice.

You bought it, you own it.

Take some fxcking responsibility.

q/q
Old 10-20-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-positioning yourself for when the next round of indictments hits, Felix?

No dice.

You bought it, you own it.

Take some fxcking responsibility.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is a funny post, q/q. Congratulations, I had no idea you had such a sense of humor--not that I don't think you don't mean what you say.